Ch. 38

For all that Baria loved her family, she would be the first to admit that they never had much time together. Despite this they always seemed to know just what she was feeling or trying to say. Barias face remained blank most time with only a few signs of emotion slipping through every once in a while. However, these skills were not necessary as worry and concern was displayed, clear as day, on her face. Eyes wide, eyebrows furrowed and lips pursed, Baria stormed her way through the hospital. Her quirk had been flickering in and out of activation since she saw the news. This in turn was wreaking havoc on her already delicate emotional control. Not that many people minded. They actually thought this was healthier than repress her emotion via quirk use.

Storming her way through the reception room, she began a fast paced journey towards room 247. There was no need to stop and check which room they were in; her quirk had already made quick work of that. Her family, who had been following her since she marched out the house, were on her heels. They knew and could understand why she was in such a hurry.

Patience, usually her forte, was non-existent. Although, a nurse had begun to speak to her, presumably in an attempt to calm her, all the words went in one ear and out the other. She could faintly hear the nurse call for security before Sora pull the nurse aside and explain. She didn't care. The only thing she wanted was to see her boys. Her other halves.

Upon reaching room 247, Baria didn't wait to knock. She just shoved her way in. Hitoshi lay on the bed. He had been in the fire zone and had overheated. The hospital had hooked him up to an IV to get some liquid into him and in an attempt to cool him down. One of his classmates was sitting in the corner. To Baria, he did not look comfortable as his tail seemed to be bent in such a way that it put an uncomfortable amount of pressure on the coccyx. Not that he was her focus at the moment.

"Denki so help me if you do not give me a clear and detailed explanation of what happened, I will ensure that neither you or Neito will be able to have biological children. Am. I. Clear?" She growled the last sentence. Although it was a threat, and the two aforementioned people crossed their legs, moving their hands to cover their crotches, they also knew that it was very unlikely for her to follow through with it.

"Yes ma'am."

Explanations occurred and eventually Hitoshi woke up in the middle of one, not that he could really add anything. Throughout all of it, Barias face remained blank. Kaito couldn't tell if that was either positive or a negative thing. Either way he did not want to be in the room when she acted on her thoughts. So he carefully slid behind Souta and slipped out the door. However, it seemed he wasn't the only one to have such thoughts. Haruto, Yuuma, Yuuto, Kai and the triplets had also made an escape. Kaito being the eldest, whipped out his phone and shot a text to Mrs. Keisha.

Kaito looked at his siblings again, before nodding his head to the hospital exit. They were going to go help out in the café. They were also going to raid the deserts but no one needed to know that.

.

.

Baria had gotten the full story. Needless to say she was not impressed. If U.A. had had proper security measures in-place, then the incident would not have happened. The first year hero course students are so of the most targeted and vulnerable people their age. However, they only had two pro heroes present in order to ensure the safety of twenty kids. Normal school classes had up to three adults with them during field trips. Not including guides. Mind you, the students were not at risk of being targeted by villains. That being said, Baria was going to have a very stern conversation with the principle.

.

.

Neito was watching Baria carefully. With her quirk not functioning correctly, her emotions and impulse control were horrid. She was just as likely to punch someone as she was to do nothing at all. Others may not have noticed but Neito and Denki were cautious around Baria at the moment. Not so much scared as they were concerned for her. After all, Baria was a self-sacrificial idiot who didn't even realise she was self-sacrificial. Not that he nor the others had much room to talk. They were quite literally training for a job that required self-sacrifice.

In all honesty, Neito wasn't exactly sure why they had wanted to be heroes in the first place. It had not been for money or fame. Not even for a potential life partner. He couldn't proclaim that it was out of the selfless desire to help others. If he really thought about it, it was because of pressure. His parents' expectations and standards often overshadowing his own desires. He never denied them back then. They were always there and he couldn't escape so he had to conform. Befriending Baria had given him an escape that his parents wouldn't be able to block off. An escape that he used more often then he probably should have. One that he now no longer needed as he didn't need to stay with his family any longer. It was an escape that allowed him to grow.

He wasn't too sure about why Denki and Hitoshi became heroes but he was sure that they would tell him eventually. Although for now, he was going to ensure that Baria doesn't wander off and do something reckless. Judging by the looks his house mates sport, he wasn't alone in that regard.

.

.

Souta would be the first to admit that his family were a bunch of chaotic, reckless, self-sacrificial idiots. He would also be the first to admit that they were very hard to put down. They were an escape for each other. However they were just as likely to put each other at risk as they were to save each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You could tell i was over this chapter near the end.

Question.

Which is your favorite out of Barias siblings, from what you've read?

Already working on next chapter dont worry. Uni has been killing me though. Ill be fine.