Chapter 9

Age 12:

When Baria first met him, she thought he was an arrogant prick. It had been after Hizashi just left shouting something about needing to hid her from his friend lest he wants her to be corrupted. The two had been friends for more or less a year now. And she still wasn't completely used to him being overly affectionate. So she, even while being expressionless and supressing all her emotions, turned into someone that ate a really spicy food. Steam coming out her ears. Anyway right after Hizashi left, he came in. Blond hair dripping from the rain and arrogance just leaking off his form. He had walked right up to the counter and ordered the daily special. A cinnamon latte. His irises a periwinkle purple gazing down his nose at her. Like she was beneath him in every way. And for the first time in eight years, her quirk wasn't able to supress a sudden urge to punch him in time.

*PA*

"Ow what did you do that for? OMG I think you broke my nose! OWWW!!"

"I'M SORRY! SO SORRY! I couldn't stop myself! Oh my soul, I'm so so sorry!"

"Why would you even need to stop yourself?! I haven't done anything to you! Gosh it hurts like a left butt check! AND YOU DON'T EVEN LOOK SORRY!!"

"Well, I'm sorry my quirk supresses my emotions and you have a very punchable face. Plus, you give off an arrogant aura!"

"THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD PUNCH SOMEONE!"

"WELL IT DOESN'T HURT ANYMORE NOW DOES IT!!"

"OMG YOU'RE RIGHT"

"WHY ARE WE STILL YELLING?!"

"I DON'T KNOW"

"Anyway, would you still like your cinnamon latte and it'll be 495.68 yen please."

"I would still like my cinnamon latte and here's your money"

"If you would kindly take a seat I'll be right out with your drink."

.

.

.

"WAIT A MINUTE, YOU OWE ME FOR PUNCHING ME!"

"I SAID I WAS SORRY!"

"SORRY ISN'T GONNA CUT IT! MY BEAUTIFUL FACE IS NOW GOING TO HAVE A BRUISE AT THE VERY LEAST!"

"WELL, HOW AM I MEANT TO HELP WITH THAT?!"

"BE MY FRIEND!"

"YOU CAN'T DEMAND SOMETHING LIKE THAT, PICK SOMETHING ELSE!"

"YOUR FRIENDSHIP!"

"NO!"

"YOUR PHONE NUMBER!"

"NO!"

"FINE! THEN A 5% DISCOUNT EVERYTIME I COME HERE!"

"OK!"

"PERFECT!"

And thus Baria ended that day by taking the kid to the hospital. Turned out she had a wicked right hook and had broken his nose. They split the medical bill on the basis of him getting her number. Baria can officially say he wasn't that bad. Even if he did send her random texts at four in the morning.

'what the heck does cranberry sprite mean? and smh?'

..

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The next day Hizashi came again. He ordered his usual and was wearing an outfit that was nearly identical to the one he wore when they first met. Needless Baria full on whimpered when she saw him. The villain that had destroyed her café once was still a waiter. He glanced over when he heard her. He had been about to interfere but Souta nabbed him before he could even take a step closer. Souta then explained why Baria whimpered. The ex-villain was called Daisuke and as his name suggested, he was rather large. Height and build wise of course.

Hizashi was absolutely ecstatic to be allowed to nab Baria from work for a day out. She, of course, had no prior knowledge that they were having a day out.

'Baka's. All of them. They planned this. They must of. Why couldn't they leave this poor introverted soul be? Why did it have to be me?' Baria thought as she was being physically dragged out by Hizashi, who had a surprisingly strong grip on her collar.

'I should have stayed home today. Baka, Baria, baka. Next time follow your gut feeling.... I wanna go home' Baria could literally feel her quirk shut down once she reached her domain limit. All her anxiety suddenly rushing to the surface. Baria had never been more thankful for her expressionless face than she had been right at that moment. Unfortunately, she had a feeling that she'd break her record a lot within the next five years or so.

Well, at least she'll have the time to come up with ideas on how to mess with people's heads and create a lot of chaos. What? She was a child. She was allowed to be mischievous.

.

.

.

By the end Hizashi had just about bought her everything she had looked at. Be it food or hero merch, he got it for her. Although there seemed to be more Present Mic and Eraserhead merch than anything else. It totally wasn't like it was going to end up being some of her most treasured items. There was no way.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

What Baria wasn't likely to find out for a very long time, was that her villain of a guardian angel had recently been having headaches and very dangerous urges. He couldn't tell if it was directed to her or those around her. All he knew was that he needed to hurt something. Maybe not outright kill. Just hurt...severely.

He turned around. His back now directed to Baria as she struggled to juggle all her new hero merch. He stalked deeper into the alley, slowly activating his quirk. He had orders to follow too. Like capturing someone that didn't tread lightly enough while investigating his boss. This meant that that hero was free game. Oh, he did so love to chop a foolish hero in half. Sure he never killed them but, watching them scream was so much better.

Quirk now fully activated he disappeared, leaving behind a forgotten mask. Not like it mattered, he'd come back later. He did, after all, need to keep an eye on the only pure being that existed besides himself and Boss.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys know that you are free to give advice. See Hizashi and Baria are meant to have a father daughter relationship. But I'm struggling to get that threw as Hizashi is a difficult character for me to portray.

Once I finish the story or I have enough time I'll go back to the previous chapters and edit or add more to them. My goal is to have a minimum of a 1000 words per chapter. When editing I'll remove unnecessary author notes.

~Kay C