Ch. 45

"Let me get this straight. 1) You died, and I was born, making me your reincarnation. 2) You convinced yourself that this was all a dream. 3) The guy who killed you managed to somehow follow you here."

"Yes, that is a very short version of it... You seem to really like bullet point."

"Not important. Is he going to come after me?" Baria's only true concern was finally revealed. It didn't matter if she believed what was being said or not. For all she cared the person could be delusional, but the threat of the other, possibly delusion potential murder could be very real.  

"He already has." Obexia was surprised. Her actions had ruined this girl's childhood. She had attempted to take control of the body on multiple occasions, and this girl did not even blink.

"What?"

"He already has. Currently, you are floating in a tank. I'm not too sure what they've done, but that was the last thing I was able to register from your mind and body. " This was true. Obexia could only gather information from Baria's mind or senses.

"And I don't think I will be waking up any time soon. So, there is nothing i can do but wait."

"Indeed. Shall we get to know each other in the meantime?"

"Sure."

.

.

.

Denki was an admirer of beautiful people. He knew long before he had even known what attraction was. Admitting people were beautiful was different from being attracted to them.

This meant that Denki knew Baria was a beautiful person, both psychically and in personality. Many would say her personality was flat, but Denki preferred to describe it as an open ocean type of personality. Flat and still on the surface but deep and filled with wonder, some that were yet to even be discovered. It was due to this that many overlooked Baria, her customers included. Her family, while they loved her, they never truly took the time to understand her. Which made sense because there were some many siblings that needed that care, and Baria seemed to be quite self-sufficient. This meant that occasionally, Baria slipped through the cracks. So, when Denki met someone who could see Baria as he did. As no one else did, he latched on. Hitoshi and Neito, while seeing more than others, did not see as much as Denki did, and so the stranger became Denki's confidant. 

Now, thinking back, the stranger avoided sharing anything about themselves. Their name, background, and even how they knew Baria was a complete mystery. Denki wanted to say this to the other, but if he disclosed that not only was the stranger in the cafe every day but actually spoke to him. Well, Hitoshi and Neito may actually lash out.

At this point, it was a chance he was willing to take.

Denki slowly got up from where he had been lying. He had dallied enough as is. The couch at his chosen internship was rather good for contemplation, although it could be hell on the back. Denki made his way out of the pro-hero office and onto the street. His best shot was to find the police station and provide the investigators with his information.

Denki pulled his phone out of his pocket and opened his gps. No matter what he could lose, it would be worth it for a friend like her.

.

.

Neito knew something was off with Denki. Not precisely Denki but rather with the lack of information he had provided about the man from the cafe. Denki never was an unobservant type of person, but to grab his attention in a crowd, you would need to be loud. Yet despite this, the man that Denki spoke of had never drawn any type of attention to himself. None that would catch Neito's eye or Hitoshi's. This means this man was not the type of person to be loud, nor does he have a large presence. Neito could admit that his was good at determining the biggest threat within a room. They often had a large presence or bloodlust. Hitoshi was good at identifying lair or those with a two-face personality. These skills developed from childhood, Hitoshi's from bullying, you tend to get a lot of people who act like they want to help but are actually encouraging the negative behaviour. Neitos' developed from his homelife. It's not the nicest way to say it, but it's accurate all the same. You don't need to be the biggest in the room to be the biggest threat. Denki's skill, on the other hand, was simply a subconscious desire to get close to those more powerful. A subconscious desire to be useful, not at all aided by his parents' neglect. Better put as a subconscious effect to ensure his safety.

If the loudest in the room has a presence that holds some form of danger, Denki will attach themselves to him. As such, by Denki attaching themself to the least threatening person at the cafe, that man is actually the most dangerous.  Thus, Baria's situation did not bode well.

.

.

Hitoshi was not sure what to do. Usually, there was information that could be used, but this particular situation rendered is null. There was no information on the internet on how to stop stressing over a kidnapped friend, nor how to comfort others over said friend. Well, there was, but none seemed like a good idea.  As a hero in training, he knows better than most of the likelihood of finding her now that 48 hours had passed. He knew the even lower likelihood that she was still alive, and yet despite this, he couldn't help but cling to a vague hope that she was fine. That they would find her soon. He begged from the bottom of his heart that the person who took her was not connected to the League of Villains and the nomu creations.

Hitoshi could tell how valuable Baria's quirk could be, on either side of the law. To find that someone with her type of quirk had chosen not to become a hero but rather remained a citizen was strange. Especially with the propaganda being shoved in the faces of every child about great heroic quirks and villainous ones.

However, due to Baria being civilian and busy near constantly, she never had time to learn any self-defence. She had no way of getting away from villains who would willing use her quirk against her while she, to remain in the law, would attempt to use her own skills.

Hitoshi could only wait. Wait for news no matter what it may be.

He was never truly a patient being. He left the room that had been loaned out to him. People underground always were more willing to talk to those who seemed like part of their crowd than those who were outsiders, and Hitoshi was rather skilled at blending in. Alleys and rundown stores in the shadier sides of towns had a tendency to hold the most interesting of people. Occasionally, there were even a few sympathetic ears, and with Baria's reputation, even with crocks, there was a good chance that someone had seen or heard something. The underground community had ears even in the darkest of places, I'd you knew the right people.