Chapter 2

Age 4:

If someone were to tell Baria that she would have a power in her past life, she would have laughed and moved on. Now it's an entirely different story. Now it's a key part to her success in the world. Oh yes, she knew alright. She knew just how cruel the world is to those that don't have quirks. She's seen it first-hand. A rather sweet couple had come by last week looking to adopt a six-year-old. No problem there. They had settled on a kind little boy that snuck sweets to Baria on dessert night. However, the minute the couple found out he was quirkless they left. Stated even if they were desperate for a kid, they would never stoop low enough to pick up quirkless trash. The poor boy was bullied since.

Well that was until all the bullies found their beds covered in dog faeces and mud. As for the couple. Well, let's just say subtle manipulation is a wonderful thing. Unfortunately, the kids in the orphanage now avoid the sweet little boy. Not that it mattered to her. She still prefers him over any of the other twerps.

On her way back to the orphanage one afternoon, after helping the obaa-san down the street, Baria noticed small childish screams coming from the alleyway. She would recognize those screams anywhere. She did hear them every day when the boys jumped around on their beds.

Baria ran to the alleyway, unsure what was happening. She was horrified at what she saw. A couple of men had all the boys from the orphanage on the ground. The boys were bruised and bleeding. Clothes were ruffled and in the process of being yanked off.

"L-Let them go!" She yelled after taking in the scene before her.

"Eh? Oh a little girl. Well she'd make a pretty penny. Am I right boys? Hahaha" One man laughed.

From the way he acted Baria determined that he was the leader. What was that one saying from her old world. Kill the leader and the pack falls or something. Goodness her memories are failing her, She'd need to make a note book of everything she can remember from the anime and soon.

"Yeah, and you'd be worthless. Jerk face." She refuted. She wasn't wrong. His face looked like a piece of beefy jerky.

"What was that you little piece of sh-" He never got to finish his sentence. While he was yelling at her, she had picked up a bottle from the floor. And well, she threw it at him. She was aiming for his face. Honest. It's just her four-year-old body didn't have that kind of strength so it went do quite a bit. Let's just say he won't be walking properly for about an hour. Oh well.

At least her quirk came to her aid. Little ruffians managed to become invisible, when she hoped that the men wouldn't see them sneaking away. Now she just needs to get outta here. Problem being she's really tired all of a sudden.

Baria looked around herself to see if there was anything she could use to get away. Mind running a million miles a minute. She was unfortunately in a rather clean alley. One that had no useable trash. Just a few pieces of paper and an old broken phone.

Wait. A phone. Broken or not it's still going to be useful in doping the men. She just needed to get it. Okay escape idea made. Next problem. Getting the phone.

'Think Baria, think. How does a four-year-old get a phone from behind a couple of adults. Come on. Come on. Ah, distraction. Just about any adult with half a brain would try to stop a child from crying. That will force one of them to rush, breaking the semi-circle. Thus giving me an opening to slip through. Adults are faster than I am currently but they can't out manoeuvre something smaller the them.'

And so Baria pinched herself. Hard. Hard enough to bring tears to her eyes. She decided to up the drama, when none of the men moved. She started full on wailing. Snot, tears and screaming. With a red blotchy face, she slowly became louder. It was then one of them moved. Just as planned. And just as planned, slipped under one's arm, through the legs of another and dove for the phone.

Scrambling to her feet, Baria pretended to type in a number. The polices to be precise.

"Shit, whose phone is that?" The boss asked.

"Quickly check your pockets."

"It's not mine. Mine right here."

"Same."

"Mine too."

"U-Um boss I think it's mine."

'Huh? Well that's convenient. For me that is. Moron, how do you lose a phone, when your about to commit a sinful atrocity.' At this point Baria was just done with the bunch of fake thugs.

"Hello. U-um Mr. policemen sir, there's a bunch on meanies who tried to hurt my friends here. Mr. policemen come quick they have a shotty thingy." Baria into the phone. What she had to act like her age. Only way to sell the act she pulling on these guys.

"Boss I don't want to go to jail. We should just go. There's better targets somewhere else." One of the men said.

" Urg, fine. Let's go. And don't think we won't get you one day girlie."

Baria had never felt relief quite like that, as she watched the men run out the alleyway. She waited a couple of moments just to be safe, then followed after them. Once out the alleyway she looked both ways before doing a dead sprint back to the orphanage. She was not going to try that again. At least not for a very long time.

.

.

The matron had not been impressed with Baria. Not that she was angry that Baria, she just wished Baria took more precautions. The others kids had latched onto Baria the second she was within the threshold and have yet to let go.... that was three hours ago. At this point she was going whack them. The only good thing she got out of them was the fact she and the other kids involved in the 'Alley oop' incident got extra dessert.

It was also after this incident that she decidedto write everything she knew down. From anime or otherwise.