Chapter 26

Stare...

"Is she okay?" Miss Keisha asked Denki.

"At this point none of us are really sure." He replied, his voice cracking slightly.

"We woke up yesterday with her in bed with us." Neito piped in from where he sat working on connecting the mini-camera of his hero costume to Baria's phone.

"She didn't want to sleep alone and you have to admit that it was slightly reassuring to know she didn't drop dead in her room." Hitoshi countered.

"Still, who knew that she kicks when she's asleep."

Miss Keisha just stared at them perplexed. It could either be because the three didn't seem to see the problem of a girl just randomly sleeping in the same room as people in a relationship while not being a part of said relationship nor being related to any of them or the fact that they went completely off topic within a single sentence.

"I did." Kei chirped.

"She used to let us sleep in her room when we had nightmares." Itsuki said as he leaned over the back of the couch. Everyone had gathered in the living room by that point.

"Some people, not naming names, used to wet her bed because they got scared." Kaito snitched from his place across Yuuto and Yuuma's laps.

"Once, just once!" Kei yelled from his place at the TV. Kanna and Moi snickered next to him.

"We are all stuck with each other for the rest of our lives and most of us are older than you, so we get to torment you!" Youta screeched as Asashi tackled him for the Cheetos.

"Yes but seriously is she okay? She has been staring at the same spot for the past two hours." Sora questioned.

"Again, no one is really sure but we all highly doubt it." Souta stated as he stared at Baria.

Aina, Aiko, Aika and Ai just kept to themselves in the corner on the room, while Hana cackled at Ai. No one really wanted to know want happened there. They had learnt that lesson when the two were much younger. Some still have debates on what actually goes through their heads.

Nieto, Hitoshi and Denki sighed and turned their attention back onto the last quarter of the quad. Denki took one last long look at her before having his tail run itself underneath her chin.

No reaction.

He shifted closer and tried again.

Baria's nose twitched. Smirking, he tried for one last time. Unfortunately for him, he did not anticipate her grabbing his tail.

"OW! Ow ow ow ow ow! Let go! Let go let go let go!" Denki screeched. Baria's grip loosened but she did not let go.

She slowly turned her head towards Neito before looking at the floor. She looked up again before moving her gaze to Hitoshi, then to Denki.

"I never did get a proper introduction to your friends, did I?" She uttered at last. She hadn't but at the same time she knew.

She knew who they were.

'How do I know? Why do I know? I shouldn't know the things I do about them.'

'JuSt reMEmbEr alrEaDY'

'That voice. I know it from before. Why can't I remember? What am I not remembering? Why is it so much louder?'

'ThE joURnaLS. Get The JoUrnALs. FInD ThE FiRSt. The FIrsT."

'The first journal. The first journal what? The first one I wrote? The first one based off my life? The first cooking one? Oh. OH! The journals. Now the first one of my past life or my current life? I'll start with the current life.'