Chapter 3

Age 6:

Baria could only faintly recall her past life at this point in time. Thankfully she had written everything down in journals. Journals about her past life, one for each year. All safely hidden where only she could find them. Then a collection of notebooks for each anime she watched and remembered. Also hidden where others wouldn't find them. Ahh, the wonders of having a photographic memory in her past life.

So the past two years had been nothing but ordinary for Baria. No thugs. No weird discoveries. No random feelings nor voices in her head. Just an ordinary life for a completely ordinary girl.

However, it was within her sixth year in this world, that the orphanage started having finical trouble. It wasn't getting enough money to stay afloat, never mind care for all the orphans. It was bound to close down soon. Thus the kids had started trying to earn money anywhere they could. Selling homemade lemonade, clothes, doing errands around the neighbourhood and even offering their school fees. Absolutely anything and everything to help out.

It was at this time that the orphanage and Baria discovered, that she was great with food. Give her the bare minimum ingredients and she'd give you a feast worth dying for. So, with help from the matron and some overly friendly neighbours, she started a small food cart. It went everywhere. From one side of town to the other. Weaving through the streets and selling food to anyone that gave her a side or second glance.

Baria had never been more thankful for her past life's knack for anything food related. She praised her forethought of writing everything down in her journals. All the little tricks to make the food of so yummy. So new journals came about. Journals about recipes and cooking tricks. Journals about fails and successes. Do's and don'ts.

Of course some of the neighbours became curious as not all of the orphanages kids went to school. There was never enough money for that. Second hand books on the other hand were a completely different story. So essentially most of the orphans were self-taught or the eldest taught them. Sometimes the matron did, when she had the time.

Surprisingly her little food cart became rather popular at area's with large businesses. Apparently big company workers adore little girls selling food to save their home. Baria just hoped non were paedophiles. That would be a whole new situation. One that she really didn't want to get involved in. Not that she hasn't.

*cough* the thugs *cough*

She usually ended up staying out really late or until the food ran out. Either or. She hadn't ran into any trouble when it did happen. Not that she was expecting any but you could never be too careful. That partially why she carried a small knife with her. Tucked under the skirt of her dress. Nice and safe should be her middle name.

.

.

.

It was about four in the afternoon when Baria started to head back to the orphanage. Her little food cart being pulled along behind her. The food had run out and there wasn't anything she could grow within her barrier without people noticing. She could do that at home...After she dug up the seeds from the pantry.

She had ended up feeding a few small time heroes. Mostly business people and even some people from a nearby park. There had been a sad green haired kid, so she ended up giving him some of her extra sweet lemonades. Nothing major.

However, as she was walking back, she heard a noise in the alleyway next to her.

' Why do the weird noises always happen when I'm walking by? And why do I always end up going into them? I swear, if there is an injured person in there, I'm done.' Baria thought as she let go of her cart and crept into the alleyway. Well, what do you know, leaning against the wall, bleeding, is a villain that was on the television this morning. Baria stared at them for five seconds, spun around and marched out of the alleyway. She was not getting involved. Nope! No way! Not happening... but he looked really hurt. There was blood everywhere.

'Curse my inability to leave things alone.' Baria thought as she sighed. She turned around and marched back into the alleyway. Thankfully the villain was unconscious the entire time as she pulled and pushed. Heaved and wheezed and finally, with great difficulty, got him onto the cart. She the purposefully bumped them into the corners of the alley as she wheeled them out of it.

A six-year-old trying to push a hundred and something kilogram man onto a tiny food cart probably looked funny to someone else. But not Baria. She just cursed her inability again. She would probably bandage them up and then dump them near the orphanage. They could come up with their own conspiracy theories. Later. When she wasn't around.

That was exactly what she did. She didn't have a lot of bandages at the orphanage but there was enough. It was only one wound. Bullet hole if Baria had to guess. Which she did. So she went to get tweezers. Then she took her trusting little knife to make the hole a little bigger. Placed the tweezers into the hole and started to feel around. It was only when to tweezers came across something metal, did she grab with the tweezers and pull the thing out. It was indeed a bullet.

Baria the grabbed some disinfectant and a needle with thread. She poured some of the disinfectant directly into the hole before starting to sow it closed. She then heaved the man back onto her cart, before pushing him into the nearest alleyway and dumping him. Baria then went back to the orphanage and cleaned everything up before going to bed.

She just didn't realize that the villain had woken up when she heaved them onto the cart. Nor that they had seen her face, although not clearly, and the orphanages name. Did not realize just who exactly it was that she helped. Because if she did, it might have been a different story that occurred.