Ch. 41

Baria was having the time of her life. Not that it could be seen but the feeling was there. Every night since the boys asked for Daisukes' help, they would get up at three am and return at five in the afternoon. Shoulders hunched and feet dragging over the floor, Daisuke would have them take hot showers and preform stretches before dinner and the straight to bed. While no one openly laughed, it was rather humorous how every so often one could hear swear words being muttered under breath. The only issue was how many painkillers were being used. Not that Baria blamed them. Daisuke was very thorough with training of any kind.

Shinsous' near workaholic father, Tadashi was also enjoying their agony. Claimed that they now knew what he practically goes through every day. Mrs. Shina scolded him for that commit. Although it didn't make it any less true. Mrs. Keisha was distracted and simply provided a few stretching methods to do before bed to prevent stiff muscles. Aizawa usually appeared indifferent to the boys suffering but Baria could tell that he was cackling on the inside. The only one that was not finding some sort of amusement from the situation was Hizashi. The man thought that the boys were pushing themselves too hard in too short a time frame for any real improvement.

He tried to ease the boys' aches and pains with protein shakes and ice packs. Not knowing that in doing so, Daisuke would increase training. Daisuke stated that the boys were being pampered and thus he needed to ensure that they weren't being lazy. Baria found it amazing how little the boys complained...

On the other hand, they might not have the energy to do so. Either way each of the boys poured their heart and soul into training. It inspired a few of the other kids to train as well. They went to gyms and watched online videos. Baria, herself, almost felt motivated enough to join them. Almost. She ultimately backed off as she did not feel training was for her, but she applauded anyone who did end up joining.

.

.

Before they knew the time of the sports festival was upon them. Baria had asked several heroes about the proceedings of the event and where the best seats were. Tadashi took a day off work. Mrs. Keisha and Mrs. Shina were once again showing how fearsome they could be together by rounding up the entire family. Unfortunately, Hawks had managed to escape to work before they woke up. Baria did not know whether to cry or laugh at his great escape but wished she could join him. Mrs. Keisha and Mrs. Shina had dug out several large cooler boxes. They then distributed to the older boys. Which caused everyone else to heave a sigh of relief.

Those bags were heavy and the straps were so small that they cut into the persons hands and shoulders. How the two women found the bags again none of the kids knew. Baria swore she threw into the trash and Aoi swore she had turned them to ash. The two glanced at each other and then turned away stiffly. Out of sight out of mind.

Baria moved further away from the mild chaos in the living, choosing to move towards her room instead. Based on the weather report this morning, she would need to change into light breathable clothes. Sunblock was also essential. Lots and lots of sunblock and caps. She also needed to remind Daisuke to bring water bottles and money. Just in case one of the younger kids wanted a particular snack from a vender at the event. Not long after everything was packed, the children were herded out the door.

Neito, Denki and Hitoshi had left earlier that morning, stating that the day was going to start off as an ordinary school day. None of them had seemed all that enthused with the concept but had accepted it all the same. Knowing them, they would be doing several yoga poses to warm up before the first game. This should give them a very minor head start on the rest of the school. Baria would bet that none of the other students would stretch. Especially the hero courses. Hitoshi would be the one to challenge the strongest student for his title and Neito would be there right alongside him. Denki never mentioned his intentions so Baria believed it would be similar to the cannon depicted in the journals.