Red Carnations for you, Ajussi

This entry is a spoiler to those who haven't reached the part of the novel where the original Cale Henituse and Kim Rok Soo talked to each other. That is chapters 655-657: Everything can be connected. So, if you haven't reached that part of the novel yet, THIS ENTRY IS A SPOILER😂 So please proceed carefully if you don't wanna be spoiled. And of course, because you won't understand the flow of this if you haven't read up to that part of the novel just yet. 

~~~

Kim Rok Soo was staring at the ticking clock in his office for a while now. His team members were all glancing at his directions and are also glancing knowingly at each other. 

Their team leader hasn't been this absentminded in the past. But of course, they are happy about it. This just means that their team leader isn't working too hard and pushing himself beyond his limits. They just straight out feel so burdened whenever he overworks himself that they want to kneel and beg him to stop.

Of course, they are glancing at each other, asking with their eyes if who will come up and talk to their team leader who they know as hard-headed and wouldn't even budge when they said he should rest and they will do the rest of the work. 

Kim Min Ah who has just entered the office after she picked up their coffee orders in the lobby arrived in that situation. Her eyebrows slightly rose and called over Park Ae Ri, a team member who was also having the same face as the others. Her face was distorted to a relief, worried and happy face. Kim Min Ah just finds this situation too ridiculous. Her teammates look like they haven't taken sh*t for a while.

"What the hell's going on, Ae Ri?" 

Ae Ri looked at Min Ah and her face instantly glowed. Like her smile grew bigger as her eyes flashed with so much relief as if she had just taken off a 50-kilogram rice sack on her shoulders. 

"Min Ah! Ah, I'm so glad you're here!" Ae Ri exclaimed in a whisper tone. Clearly didn't want to disturb their team leader. 

"What's this all about?" 

"Go there and ask the team leader if he's okay! Quick!" 

Min Ah, clearly confused looked at the others and they were looking at her as if she's their saviour in this certain situation. Her face turned into a frown before looking at Kim Rok Soo who was now looking at his computer monitor and sighing. And this made alarms go off in her head.

For the last years she's working with Kim Rok Soo, she witnessed how he always pushes himself beyond what he can take. He's taking the hard works to himself and wouldn't even bother explaining his plans to them. This was frustrating to them. They want Rok Soo to open up to them and realize that they are a team and he shouldn't be taking all the hard works to himself. 

'A sacrificial bastard.' 

That's what Min Ah thought of while she's observing Kim Rok Soo over the years. But weirdly enough, some months after his day off where she and her husband, Bae Puh Rum found him in his apartment sleeping on his bed with volumes of Korean novels next to him that they presumed he was reading, Kim Rok Soo had changed. Although this change was welcome to them because since then, their Team leader would smile, ever so charmingly. He would explain his plans and would also distribute works to them.