What if Cale turned into a child? (30)

Cale sat down on the bed as soon as he entered the room he's using. His arms had gone numb supporting the three children who are still holding onto him like glue. He sighed as he patted them.

"I'm not going anywhere."

Cale softly said as he looked at them. On was the one to let go with her head hanging low as she sat on the bed next to Cale. 

Cale rubbed On's head as he smiled slightly.

"You've grown up as a good older sister, On."

Cale softly said as he patted On's head a few times before the silver cat looked up at him with tear-stained eyes. She looks like she's ready to cry again but was holding it in making the redhead smile.

"H, Human..."

Raon and Hong were still sniffling while clinging onto him. Their bodies were shaking while clinging to the coat. Cale's eyes lightly wavered as he remembered the words he said to these children the moment they appeared. 

His chest felt stuffy remembering the words as he frowned, inwardly cursing himself as he sighed once again and hugged the two.

"Raon, Hong. Look at me."

Cale softly called out to the two. Although to the outsiders, his voice seemed like it remained the same cold and stoic, the three children who were the closest to him knew these small unnoticeable changes in Cale's voice. That's why they slowly looked up to him with tears cascading their eyes.

Cale smiled at the both of them as he pulled the blanket and wiped their tears.

"You did well."

"H, Human. Y...you glared to us...and said you're not..."

"Hm."

Cale was troubled. He doesn't know how to coax a child but he also doesn't like seeing these three cry that's why he's racking every record in his head that will make them stop but he can only sigh when the two clung to him more after his silence.

"I'm not going anywhere. And... I'm fine. So stop crying, Raon, Hong."

Cale sighed and patted the two children as he softened his voice. 

Cale knew it won't be easy to make them stop but he needs to do something about this as he also has to settle his own matters too. But right now, seeing how these children are sticking to him like glue, he knew that settling those will be delayed until tomorrow.

The redhead sighed as he rubbed the children's heads and caressed their backs, in an attempt to alleviate their emotions. Though it only made the three more relieved and cried out even more. Even so,

"I'm sorry."

Cale gently murmured making the three look up to him with wide, tear-stained eyes. Cale owed them an apology, even if it was the effect of the curse, he knew well that he still did something wrong. He caused these children pain and hurt them with his words. He has to apologise.