What if Cale turned into a child? (24)

"Do you not love Naru anymowe?"

Cale, who was gripping Fredo's clothes with all his might had a look of betrayal on his face. The tears that were falling down one by one was making their hearts clench. But the words that continued to flow out from Cale's lips were breaking their heart and soul to pieces.

"Why awe you giving me to them? Who awe they, Papa? Why do they want to take me?"

Cale's continuous questions made Eruhaben snapped out of his shock as he felt a hand landed on his shoulder, tightly gripping it as if to support himself from falling. It was Deruth who was looking at the scene with despair written over his face. 

Deruth was feeling really jealous. He was so envious of how Cale calls that vampire 'Papa' so affectionately. This was his greatest fear. With how he neglected Cale when he was just a child, his fear of Cale finding a new Father figure was driving him mad. He didn't want Cale calling anyone 'Father' aside from him. That's right, Henituses are greedy and selfish by nature. And Deruth didn't like to share his son.

"C, Cale?"

Rosalyn was the one to call out from Cale. Choi Han was frozen on his spot and was looking at the little Naru who was holding on to Fredo's clothes as if he's going to die if they force him to let go. 

Cale didn't even look at Rosalyn who also has a distressed look on her face. She was staggering while her hand was gripping her wand so hard. The red mana that was surrounding her was chaotic as what Cale said earlier was continuously running in her mind.

"Cale."

Eruhaben was the one to call out to Cale who turned this time, but the expected emotion that should be plastered on Cale's face whenever Eruhaben calls him by his name wasn't there. Only hostility, annoyance and how a stranger would look at another stranger were painted on Cale's face who was in Naru's form while looking at him.

"Shut up, will you? Who's Cale? I am Naru! My name is Naru von Ejellan!"

Everyone was flabbergasted with this as Cale—Naru, turned away from them after sparing them only seconds of attention and turned back to Fredo who was still standing frozen while holding onto Naru who clearly didn't want to let go of him. He has a surprised look on his face and was staring at Naru with shaking eyes.

"H, Human?" 
"Meow..."
"Meeooow..."

The three children who followed Choi Han and was expecting Cale to welcome them with open arms and pat them on their heads felt like their hearts were being crushed right now. They were so close to crying as their eyes were already turning misty. 

"Cale-nim..."

Choi Han called out and took a step but a red streak of light hit near his foot. It was a small thunderbolt that Naru had launched while looking at Choi Han with glaring cold eyes. This made Choi Han stop— no, everyone felt like someone had sucked out the oxygen inside their lungs and break their heart in the process too. They feel like their dying with how Cale's looking at them. Especially Choi Han and the three children who treated Cale as their only family since the day the redhead keep them next to him.