What if Cale turned into a child? (26)

The next morning came in and Naru was eating breakfast alone. The little vampire was clearly sulking as he pierces a piece of meat that was sliced by Melundo earlier by a fork and put it in his mouth. 

Alone meaning Fredo isn't with him. Yes, what matters to him the most right now was his 'Father' who had to go out early with the other nobles to inspect the other sections of the kingdom and was busy because of a conference meeting with those damned nobles. He was annoyed right now and he really wants to see Fredo, but he can't be too selfish. His father cared for his citizens more than anything else.

"hmp! I am more important than them though. I, Naru, is the first place in Papa's important list!"

Naru had a satisfied look as he slightly nodded his head in agreement with his own thoughts— although those thoughts were unconsciously whispered by him, Naru didn't care as he was busy thinking of Fredo.

Melundo, who was standing next to Naru and watching this, can only look at the little vampire, who was nodding his head with a satisfied look painted on his lips, with a curious look and sigh to himself. 

'...Master will probably be really happy if he heard that...Hm...'

Melundo could only lament the fact that his master's future was quite blurry and hard. Considering how the possibility of his body becoming a bloody mess and his life leaving him was increasing day by day.

Naru looked over the long table and to the guests who arrived yesterday. The three children who had cried yesterday when he refuted them and said that he's not 'Cale' were now eating with gusto. Well, it is only natural to be happy eating delicious foods. 

His eyes lingered on them as he absentmindedly pierced another piece of meat and put it in his mouth. Naru really thought that something's weird with him every time he looks at these individuals since the moment he saw them appear above the teleportation circle wearing valiant and chilly expressions. The feeling of relief and happiness flooded his chest that time that all he could do was give the snarky remarks to cover his flustered feelings. Although he thought he went too far when he saw how the children cried, Naru couldn't bring himself to pay attention to anything as he is busy sorting out his chaotic feelings.

"Ah... the... sauce..."

Naru absentmindedly murmured that as he watched the sauce from the steak make a mess on the three children's face. He's not sure whether this is a drive because he is meticulous and didn't want to see any mess in front of him, because he wanted to grab a napkin right now and carefully wipe those stains and sauces on their faces, although he really doesn't mind as they look adorable and endearing even with those messy faces.

"Cute..."

He muttered again absentmindedly while looking at them fondly—

"...Hm?"

Carefully? Wipe the sauce? Adorable? Endearing—?!