What if Cale turned into a child? (38)

The carriage stopped after an hour of travelling. 

Leucos was still up in the air and was continuously circling as if to send a message to the village that wasn't visible to Cale's party.

Although Cale was the only one who doesn't realize something, he sat there calmly with a relaxed look on his face.

What use is it to worry when he has an Archmage, a Swordmaster, Assassin masters and two dragons with him?

Forget about worrying, Cale having these ticking bombs with him, he's literally walking around with these powerhouses that can blow up a whole continent if they will it.

Cale looked outside and his reddish-brown eyes observed the surrounding. 

They had been travelling on a straight line that Cale began to wonder how in the world this village remain hidden for hundreds of years. But seeing how an illusion barrier set up here, Cale's eyebrows loosened as he leaned back to his seat and waited for the matters to be settled.

Choi Han stood outside as he calmly swung down his sword to remove some tree debris and sheathed it before looking straight ahead with his usual innocent look. 

"It seems that the barrier is set by a dragon, Eruhaben-nim."

Rosalyn stood next to Choi Han and looked inside towards the dragon who silently sat there with a slight interest on his beautiful face.

"A dragon?"

"Yes. And based on the fluctuation of mana, this is a newly set barrier. It seems so that it's only been 3 years since it is installed."

Cale who was listening tensed up as he looked outside, his face distorted into a frown.

"3 years?"

Rosalyn nodded to Cale as she flashed him a soft smile. The little silver kitten patted the redhead's thigh as she sigh and smile towards Cale too making the redhead slightly feel bitter.

'What is it? Why are they smiling like that?'

Cale could feel the back of his neck turn cold as he avoided the smiles of the two and looked towards the rows of trees in front of them. This is the boundary of the village where the barrier is installed. Just like the elven village in the Ten Finger Mountains, this village uses the same barrier to hide their village from human society. 

At that time, Cale met the Elven chief and send Pendrick with them to meet the dragon who's actually helping them. And now...

'This seems to be really getting more troublesome.'

Cale sighed. He wanted to rub the back of his neck that's turning cold but before he could, a new face suddenly peak in the carriage window and this time, it was Leucos who's in his bird form.