What if Cale turned into a child? (40)

The group was currently eating.

Beacrox and Ron arrived after an hour and they were both pushing two trolleys of meals as they both served them to the group with precise and careful movements.

Cale sat quietly, enjoying his meal while also feeding the three children occasionally putting food on their plates and wiping the sauce off their faces.

"By the way, young master Cale."

Cale's hand paused from slicing his steak as he looked up and noticed how the others were also looking at him. Rosalyn was the one who called out to him, her face painted with a serious expression.

"What is it?"

Cale looked down on his food again and put the piece he sliced. He chewed on it and waited for Rosalyn's next word.

"What did you talk about the Lady earlier? Of course, if it's something you can't say, please don't feel burdened."

Cale stopped chewing and sip on the wine glass as he dabbed a napkin on his lips and looked at the others who are pretending to not care but their ears were perked up and were clearly listening to them.

Cale's eyebrow slightly twitched as he sighed and put down the napkin on the table, "Nothing much. It's not really important."

The nonchalant answer was very Cale-like and the others were used to this kind of answers from the redhead that's why they know what to do in this situation.

The table went silent as they all stare at Cale who visibly flinch under their stares.

"Then, is it okay for you to tell us what you talked about?"

Cale looked back to them and gulped down the piece of meat inside his mouth. Although he's having the thoughts that they might drag him to the basement and start torturing him to get the answers, those are unlikely, but the probability isn't zero.

Cale started picking out the things he can tell them.

He can't talk about the gory and repulsive description of how his bones are going to melt and break as he bleeds from every hole of his body.

That isn't something the three children should hear.

Second, he doesn't know if he can tell them about Relia's mission. Considering how many times he had encountered certain times where the words of Gods are highly confidential and cannot be disclosed that easily, he's leaving that out as he doesn't want his curse to lengthen.

Cale had a thoughtful look before he looked down on his plate, sliced another piece of meat and put it in his mouth.

"Nothing much. Just about the recoil of the second stage."