What if Cale turned into a child? (17)

The chuckle that resounded inside that empty space was followed by a deep voice coming from a different person this time who had just arrived. 

"You're quite enjoying your time here."

The owner of the voice was clad in dark robes with accents of gold and violet. The long dark hair was swaying while the individual walked towards the other person inside the same room.

"Hm? Ah, you're here? Well, it's fun watching this, you know?"

He glanced at the screen as it projected the familiar human he and the other ones are keeping an eye on. His lips tugged up to a cold but amused smile eyeing the current form of the redhead hero.

"You found their records?"

The other stopped before slightly nodding her head. Cale Henituse and Kim Rok Soo's records, she had stumbled on it when she visited this man who had the books containing the records of both souls in his personal space. 

"Well, it is your fault for not keeping it carefully."

"Mm. I don't want a lecture coming from you."

She glared towards him and heaved a long sigh as she shifted her eyes back to the screen that was still displaying Cale's current situation.

"...Are you sure about this?"

"Since when did I doubted my decisions?"

The man smirked as he shrugged his shoulders from the answer that came from her. He didn't expect this situation at all, it was completely unexpected considering how this person next to him chose to withdraw her reach to other humans other than the tribe she's overseeing. 

'How amusing.'

~

Cale was currently sitting under a tree and controlling his breathes as he was really breathless throughout that nightmare chase. Ron handed the little redhead a glass of cold water who quickly drank the contents up. Cale was really tired, and he just wants to lay on his bed for the whole day and sleep. 

"Haaa..."

Cale sighed as he stroke the three children's head who was currently having the share of cold water from Ron. Choi Han was sitting next to them and was smiling brightly. Cale frowned while looking up to Choi Han who doesn't have any sweat and still looked fresh like he just took a walk down the park. 

'As expected of the protagonist.'

Cale didn't forget that the person in front of him is the main character of this world, it was unfair how fresh this punk look but Cale didn't care because he's rich. Filthy rich and he's living his slacker life. Although his slacker life is a bit different right now, there's nothing bothersome going on other than his current situation.