What if Cale turned into a child? (41)

∭∭∭

Cale stood there with a grin on his face. 

Although there's treasures for him to loot, as much as possible, he did not want to go into the water but for the sake of his sanity—the cheapskate still urging him to get it—he decided to go into the water.

He walked to the edge of the lake and squinted his eyes, in an attempt to measure how deep the lake was. 

Confirming that it's at least not deep enough to reach above his height, he sighed and took off his shoes and prepared to enter the water. He did not want to slip and accidentally hurt himself in the process.

Well, it's not surprising since Cale is Cale. 

He did not like pain. 

"Haa..."

When was the last time Cale looted someone?

'It's been a long time...'

Cale couldn't control his face as it distorted to a bright face, one that would make Alberu frown and Raon exclaim how he looks like he's going to loot someone.

But Cale wouldn't even pay attention to that as he's now standing just meters away from treasures that were acknowledged by his professional navigators.

Cale looked down on the lake as he sighed. His eyes look towards the house that they are using as his old butler's face come up inside his head making him shudder.

"I'll just say I tripped..."

After leaving that murmur, he slowly let his lower body sink on the lake and slightly shivers from the coldness that suddenly permeated to his skin. 

Thankfully, the water level didn't reach further than his thighs as he carefully walked towards the center with the help of a thunderbolt on his palm that was flickering nonstop, as if to demonstrate in the physical world how excited the voice in his head is.

—Yes! Just a bit more! A treasure chest! KAHAHAHAHA!

—The old man's got too excited again...Ah...why is it not food???

—...Ehem, just go straight Cale. Just a bit more.

Ignoring the overly excited Cheapskate and the grumbling Glutton, he focused on the husky voice of the Thief that continued to guide him towards the center of the lake.

And just as Cale reached the center, his head suddenly throbbed as he slightly stagger but regained his footing quickly.

He shook his head as he frowned and said in a grumbling voice, "What the hell..."