What if Cale turned into a child? (31)

The look on Relia's face was enough giveaway that the content of her mission isn't light that she can disclose to anyone. And to Cale, who's watching the changes of emotions on the lady's face, he knew he's in for another heavy news. 

"Hmm..."

Cale hummed as he chewed on the steak. His eyes were focused on the dish but the curving smile on his lips seems like bad news. The corner of his lips was tugged up in a grin as he continued to eat. 

Alberu watched this with rather tired eyes. He watched as how Cale's lips tugged up to a familiar smile that he hasn't seen for quite a while. The flashes of memories his head is currently having, depicting the vivid scene where he has to stay up all night, sorting out reports and more incoming reports of the kingdom as well as information that his intelligence department submitted because of sudden odd movements only to lead up to his sworn brother who likes to cause trouble around and saying he wanted to live a peaceful life. 

'Aigoo, my poor life...'

Alberu sighed as he watched the redhead calmly. It's not good for his head to think of what kind of trouble Cale will cause, instead, he'll just wait and watch and deal with the aftermath. 

As so, Cale wanted to squeeze out information right away and put his fork and knife down, Ron was watching him. His vicious butler will surely be the one to squeeze the life out of him with those benign smiles once he put his fork and knife down without finishing his meal.

"Father."

"Yes, my son?"
"What is it, Cale?"

Cale called out but two voices answered him. One was carefree, while the other was firm but has a tinge of fatigue. He frowned and looked up to the table where the others stopped moving for a moment and gave a glare towards Fredo who has a bright smile on his face. 

"...Don't call me 'son', bastard."

Cale sharply said towards Fredo who sported a mischievous grin as he glanced at Deruth who's also glaring at him. 

Fredo shrugged, still grinning before replying, "Ah, what a shame. You were calling me 'Papa' just moments ago. That's making quite sad."

Fredo was really a lunatic bastard. 

"Sigh."

Cale can only sigh as he glared at Fredo before turning his eyes to Deruth who has a cold and firm face but the dejected eyes were the ones that the redhead focuses on. 

Kim Rok Soo had long since decided to be Cale Henituse, and that just means that he also accepted his new life. The family that the original Cale Henituse has, his sins, his actions, Kim Rok Soo took it all in and accepted to himself that he is now Cale Henituse, which is why Cale is responsible now for everything that is connected to himself. 

"You've been away for a while now. Will the duchy be fine? Although we know Basen will do a good job, shouldn't you go back first?"

Cale said that after he wiped his lips with his napkin and checked on the three children who are eating next to him. 

"Hm. Then, you should go with me."

Cale flinched as he looked towards Deruth who wasn't looking at him but instead busy wiping his mouth too as he gracefully fixed his slightly crumpled clothes.

"That would be a good decision. I'll prepare the teleportation circle."

Rosalyn spoke as she glanced towards Cale who was staring at them with a stoic face. She can't read what's going on with Cale's head right now, but the only reason she can think of right now is that he's sending them back first is surely, because of his discussion with Relia.