What if Cale turned into a child? (25)

"...What?"

Deruth almost fell to his knees when he heard what Relia said. Not only him but the others who heard this had their minds blank out. They stood there unmoving as if their souls escaped their bodies and they had turned into a lifeless statue. 

Choi Han, even though he's meters away from where Relia is, he heard it loud and clear, the same for the three children who froze on their spots. They even forgot that they were crying as their minds had blanked out. 

The news of Cale having a memory loss for a year was an embodiment of their greatest fear. The thought of Cale who can't remember them, they feel like their hearts will be crushed and pulverized finely. 

The first stage is spanning for 7 days, the 8th day will be, to say, the preparation. And after the individual fell asleep, that's where the second stage starts. After the 9th and 10th day passed, the third effect will start immediately. And that third effect was Relia's mission. She has to delay the effects of it. Since if it was triggered... there's no way these individuals will stay put without going ballistic while watching their beloved young master suffer from the third effect.

Relia glared at Fredo as she opened her lips to speak to this crazy bastard of a friend of hers, "Fredo!"

Her voice reached Fredo who looked in her direction with his lazy face but it soon turned to surprise as he looked at her. Relia finds that gaze annoying for some reason.

"I thought you were hibernating, Relia?"

A vein throbbed on Relia's head as she glared towards Fredo who has a carefree smile as usual. Relia's mind flew back to her mission and her head throbbed again. In the first place, if Fredo didn't kidnap Cale and keep his damned hands to himself, she could've completed her mission by now and she can rest without worry. 

Relia was the eldest among the others who had also descended their last stages, which means that she's the weakest among them and that also means that she needs more sleep than them—more like, she's the sleepiest among the others. And she's really irritated right now because of Fredo. She's losing her strength at a fast rate and she needs to go back to their village, fast. It would've been preferable if Cale was in the Henituse Duchy and not in the eastern continent so she can go back easily. 

"You bastard!"

"Hey, don't call Papa that! How dare you call my Papa, the King, that—that foul word?"

Naru was quick to refute Relia with a frowning face, looking more offended the Fredo is. This made Fredo chuckle and pat the little Naru. Melundo appeared next to him and offered him a handkerchief to clean the cookie crumbs that were on his clothes and Naru's hands.

"Now, now. My sweet Naru, Papa is fine."

Naru's brows twitched as he turned away from the others and looked towards Melundo who was looking at him with complicated eyes.

Fredo was also having the same feelings right now. He's very conflicted about this situation. Of course, he wanted Cale to call him 'Papa' voluntarily and this situation is making him happy. However, he's more than agitated because this only increased the possibility of his body turning into a bloody mess and his kingdom to smithereens.