What if Cale turned into a child? (32)

Cale ignored Raon and focused on Alberu who stood there looking at the black dragon with an odd look on his masked face.

"How diligent, your grace, archduke Bob. Endable have a capable archduke, no wonder the King can rest easy with you around. Surely, it relieves his majesty, King Fredo to have such a capable esteemed archduke such as your grace by his majesty's side."

Cale has a bright smile painted over his lips as he nodded his head as if in agreement to his own statement, deliberately ignoring Alberu and Fredo's blank faces as they watch the redhead go on with his parade of praises—clipping the word capable repeatedly.

Of course, Cale was aiming for this. He didn't want to clean up that's why he's throwing the work to Alberu's lap who got dragged on this just because the others thought that he might be able to help them on taking back Cale without problem.

Since Cale was seen as Naru, who's the only Prince of this Kingdom, taking him by force would trigger a war between Roan and Endable if not handled properly. As so, the remaining problems and settling of misunderstanding among the ranks of those who are present in the incident earlier, Alberu who's staging himself as Archduke Bob is the most fitting person to handle the matters and take care of it.

Well, it would've been easier if Cale's the one who will settle the problem but...

'It's annoying. Why do I have to work when I have someone who can handle it without me moving?'

That's why Cale's pushing the work to Alberu who fell for the trap wonderfully.

"What..."

Alberu who realize it was a trap can only look at his dongsaeng who has a bright smile and sigh in frustration.

"Well then, your grace. I'll excuse myself as I must talk to Lady Relia here. Please excuse us."

Cale lightly bowed as he flashed a mischievous smile towards Alberu who has a frown on his masked face.

Everyone watched as they stared at the redhead's back as he exits the dining room with Relia following Cale, giving them a reluctant glance, unsure if she should follow or just remain seated. The cold and sharp eyes that the others are shooting towards the two of them seems to go unnoticed on the red-haired human who continued to walk without looking back.

'I'm sure my body's already a mess if glares can pierce through a body...'

Relia let out a shaky laugh. She felt like she won't make it back to their village if they'll know what will happen to Cale in the next hours.

"What are you laughing about. Follow me."

Cale's cold voice snapped Relia out of her thoughts as she looked up to the redhead who's giving her a cold sidelong glance, the bright smile that he had was long gone and was back to the stoic face he always had.