What if Cale turned into a child? (43)

"Rok Soo..."

"Shh...he's still sleeping."

Voices of two people were the first thing he heard. The man's voice that was filled with softness and affection calling his name, and the woman's scolding voice but filled with happiness was something he hadn't heard in a long time.

The familiar voices he had kept inside the countless records that were stored in the deepest parts of his memory...

'When was it?'

The darkness seemed to be endless as he continue to listen to the voices that were whispering to each other, as if careful to not wake him up.

"Ah, look at how small he is. I want to bite him."

"What is this crazy bastard talking about. I'll kick you out if you bite him."

"Why are you so mean, honey?"

"Shut up."

The two continue to talk to each other in whisper voices. The warmth of light touches on his cheeks and the careful arms that held him in her warm body, when was this?

He was already wide awake, but he's afraid to open his eyes. Afraid of the things he'll see the moment he opens his eyes that relentlessly record everything he saw.

'Motherfucking God of Youth.'

If the two people with him knew what he was thinking, they'll surely have their hearts feel like it had dropped from a high place.

Cale knew this was that God's illusion. Realizing that this was what she meant when she said she'll let him experience his childhood again. 

He knew that everything was fake, but he knew in every part of his soul that this happened. 

He felt so powerless all of a sudden.

The same voices, the same warmth, the same affections...how long has it been?

If he open his eyes now, will the faces he had secretly hoped to see one more time be the same?

 Will he see the soft smile of these two people, like how he remembered them? 

Will he hear the same soft and affectionate voices that call his name?

If he opened his eyes, will it be the same memory of warmth he had stored inside for many years in his mind?

Cale felt powerless for the first time in a long while. 

Just like how he felt when he watched the deaths of his former team. 

Just like how he endured the hunger and coldness inside the small room made up of rubles, only seeing the sky with a small hole.