Chapter 23

UNEDITED CHAPTER

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we got back to the mansion, the brothers, along with Yui went back inside the mansion, with only the exceptions of Reiji, Subaru and I. I felt Reiji's eyes on us while we look away with boredom, evident in our eyes. He's talking, but we're not even listening to him either way.

Suddenly, he shoved two brooms on our faces, which made Subaru and I slightly shocked.

Ok, I expected worse punishment than this!

“Both of you will clean the whole mansion from the first floor to the last floor in four hours." Reiji said, to the point. He already noticed that we weren't paying attention from the beginning.

“Four hours??!! The fuck man??!!!" Subaru said with frustration.

"Oh, and your also making dinner in approximately two hours." Reiji said, ignoring what Subaru said. "Mind your manners, Subaru. Besides, if both of you don't complete everything, there will be worse punishment than this." He said as he suddenly got out a black, leather whip from the inside of his blazer jacket. My eyes widen in shock as Subaru scoffs in annoyance. Then butler-man puts his whip back inside his jacket and walks away.

I never knew he had a whip. Besides, I think Subaru and I got out of it from the worse. That's the good thing, but four hours we need to finish? This whole place is way too large!! We'll probably be done in five hours! Seven at most! That also means I won't be able to sleep!  Not only that, the whole mansion already looks clean!! Does he want us to make it spotless or something??!!

I sigh heavily as I connect the palm of my hand to my forehead, closing my eyes. This is the worst day ever. I just hope everything was just a dream, but this is reality.

"Lets just finish this shit." Subaru said with annoyance. "Though I hate to clean."

"I agree." I said, not really wanting to do it, but I guess we had no other choice.

It was a bit worse than I thought. Within Subaru's life, he has never cleaned before in his life! Hell, he never even washed a plate before! The good thing about it is that he is a fast learner, and its a huge advantage for the both of us. Both of us mopped the floor, dusted the tables, cleaned the windows, all under half an hour since Subaru is a vampire. We also had to make sure the curtains look nice so it can satisfy butler-man.

We still haven't finished cleaning, but for now, we HAVE to make dinner for five good for nothing's! Yui is out of that group cause she's my friend. That also includes Subaru.

"What the hell should I even make?" I ask myself as I look at the refrigerator and the stove so I can imagine myself cooking something. I can see cooking myself chicken alfredo, but also steak. Its extremely hard since I know many different dishes.

"Why not make spaghetti and meatballs?" Subaru suggested as I kept on looking at the stove. He's twisting a cloth that's full of water down a bucket. He just finished polishing the vases that are all over the mansion. "It was good." He adds, which made me turn around to look at him in slight shock. He barely realized what he just said, and merely blushes.

"Did you just complimented me?" I ask in shock. I would have never thought he would complimented me, much less smile to me after defending me from...

"That's the only food that's easiest to make!!" He says, making an excuse as he looks away, blushing slightly. "S-So don't g-get the w-wrong idea!!" He adds as he gets up, carrying the bucket full of water with one hand, looking at me.

I cross my arms over my chest, looking at him as if he's serious. "Oh, really? Then tell me. How do you make spaghetti?" I ask, taunting him, but secretly, I just want to tease him.