Chapter 9

unedited chapter

---------------------------------------------

“Big brother?" I see my younger self talking to a younger Reiji. He was 15 around that time when I was about 10. Our age difference is five years and some months.

I see both of them sitting next to each other on the swings in the empty playground. You could hear nothing but the cars passing by.

“Yes?" He said as he looks at her with a smile in his face.

“What happened to our mother and father?" My younger self said.

His smile turned into a frown. “Oh, um... how should I explain this?" Then he fake chuckles as he ran his right hand through his hair, which makes me chuckle.

Now that I mention it, I'm pretty sure he wanted to dodge the question. I'm pretty sure he didn't want me to what really happened. In the end, I figured it out, but in a bad moment.

Somehow and I don't know how, my dream time skipped. Now I'm seeing a younger self middle schooler. I think I was 13 while my brother was 18, senior in high school. She came back from school. I see her opening the door and closed it quietly. That's the time when I heard a conversation between my aunt and one of her ex boyfriend.

“Wait, so you mean it's her fault that her mother died?" He said, which caused me, rather my younger self, to stop herself from walking and listening at the conversation. People would call this eavesdropping, but to me, its called listening to conversations when people don't even know it. Its simple as that.

“Yes. Mei's mother died giving birth to her. Then her father abandoned both of his kids. Honestly! It would have been better if her mother let the baby die so she can take care Reiji herself. I don't want to take care of both of them! Their too much of a pain!" My aunt said, which makes my younger self eyes widen in shock. I still remember what was I thinking on that situation. I was the reason my mother died? Couldn't she just chosen her life instead of mines? She wouldn't be alone, she would have Reiji after all. There was one question that absolutely haunted her around that age. Does Reiji hate me? I'm the reason our mother died.

“Couldn't you have called foster home?" He asked her. 

“That's the hard part. Somehow their father made me sign a document that I'm their new 'caretaker'." Then I see her deep in thought. “I think I was drunk, now that I mention it." She finally says.

I scoff as my younger self passes through me so she can go to her room, without disturbing her aunt and her ex. I look at my aunt with disgust. You are such a bitch. I turned around and walked in the stairs to get to my room.

I went to my room, seeing her crying quietly as she lay on her left side. I didn't even bother to change my clothes.

To tell you the truth, I'm a sensitive girl, even when I was younger. The Sakamaki brothers who met Mei is in fact a sensitive cry baby, blaming everything on herself. The only brother who saw me cry is that dick-face blondie bastard. My god I just wanna stab him! Now he is really going to toy with me. Wait, where did I get that idea anyways? Oh that's right. My gut is telling me that..

My thoughts are broken when I see a younger Reiji walking in the room with a smile on his face. My younger self turned up-side-down and buried her face in the pillow.

“What's up Mei?!" My big brother said in excitement, but she didn't respond. I look at Reiji, who has a questionable look on his face. Then he walks towards her and sat besides her. Then he puts his hand on her upper back.

“Mei, look at me." He said with no expression on his face. Eventually the younger me have in and turns her head towards Reiji. His eyes widen in shock, which eventually turns to a furious expression.