Chapter 10

unedited chapter

____________________________________

A lot of time has passed and we're still not in the mansion. Karl said we had about an hour to go. I really want to ask Karl what was the discussion between him and Kurosaki, but I forced myself not to say anything and swallow my curiosity.

Then I thought of something to start a conversation because the silence is making me anxious, but I masked it.

“Um, Karl, can I ask you a question?" I turned my head to my left.

“What is it?" He asks as his eyes are still on the road.

“While your sons are going to be watching me, will you be investigating?"

He nods. “That's right. I also wonder why they wanted to attack two humans. Every vampire attack humans for blood, but what happened that day is clearly different. It's like a hit and run, but they left one survivor." He said his thoughts, but something is telling me that he knows something and he doesn't want to tell me. I wonder why. Also...

You don't have to say it simply like that.

Then from a short distance, I see the fences from the Sakamaki mansion.

“And we're here." He said as the fences opened itself and drives inside. I thought it was creepy but Karl looks as if they do this normally. Really? You call that normal? In human definition, it's paranormal.

He turns off the engine and opens the door. I did also after I took off the seat belt. I got my duffel bag as he got my bike. Maybe every vampire have supernatural strength.

“So where do you want to leave it?" He asks as he has his hands on the handles.

I thought about it for less than a minute. “Garage?" I said it in a question.

He smiles. “Just follow me."

I followed him to the garage to make sure where my bike is in case of emergencies or anything else. We got there for some time and put it where there is some space for it. Now we're finished.

“Now I have to leave. My employees are going to argue at me endlessly." Karl said with his hands on his hips.

So he does work. I thought as I look at the motorcycle. It already have the plate numbers and I also have the keys, not to mention, they also gave me my licence. How did my friends do that? I don't want to know.

“I'll be..." I stopped when I turn my head to see Karl, but he isn't there. “...inside." I whispered to myself. I shrug and walk out and go inside to the mansion by those two big doors. I find myself in the entrance hall, remembering how I met the first five brothers and the eldest in the kitchen.

The oldest is annoying. I thought after getting flashbacks on what blondie said. What shocked me the most is that he put his cold, yet gentle hand on my cheek when I was crying. Didn't he say he could least care about me? Then he acts like he cares. I thought in annoyance. He is unpredictable. I thought as I walk in the stairs with my duffel bag. Strange, my bag wasn't heavy when I was in my aunt's house and now it is. Probably because I didn't eat anything in the morning. Since when did I feel so weak?

I groan in annoyance. “So annoying." I muttered under my breath.

When I was about to take another step along with my duffel bag,  I slipped backwards. Don't ask me how cause I don't know either. Bad luck loves me. My eyes widen in shock. Before I could scream, I felt arms grabbing me around my waist, my back hitting a hard chest. I could feel my heart beating fast but I managed to calm down. I sighed softly in relief as I put my hands on my chest.