Chapter 24

UNEDITED CHAPTER

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I let Yui do the drinks as I finally finish doing the spaghetti, which is now in another large glass bowl. As I let it cool down a bit, I made chocolate chip cookies, along with sugar cookies since I think they would also want something sweet. Besides I have ten minutes left until they come downstairs. I might as well put down the plates, along with the cups, on the large table.

Talking with Yui helped me a bit, but that doesn't mean it helped me get over from my horrible memory, not even from my big brothers death. I just hope that I don't have him for any of my classes or in any of Yui's classes. We are in the same grade after all.

After putting the plates, I then got the cups, but not everything since I'm scared that it will fall, so I got two on each hand. Its pretty easy. I was about to walk towards the door that leads to the kitchen, but a voice stopped me.

“Human girl." A deep voice said, which causes me to turn around and look at butler-man, who has his arms crossed over his chest with a large, yellow envelope on his right side.

I raise a brow as I ask with a tint of curiosity, “May I help you?"

Then he gave me the envelope that was next to him, which I eventually got with caution. “I was supposed to give this to you, but I found you skipping to your heart's desire." He said without emotion as I opened it to see what the papers says, only to make my eyes widen in slight shock with astonishment.

The school ranked me up as a senior... I'm not a junior... I'm a senior... I'm also in one of the top ten...

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!! ARE YOU FUCKIN KIDDING ME!!!!!!!! THAT ALSO MEANS I CAN GRADUATE EARLY AT THE AGE OF 17 WITHIN THREE MONTHS!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!!!

“Study if you want to be successful in this world." He said with no care, but there is a hint of slight anger. I probably out rank him. “Excuse me." He adds before walking away to leave the dining room, leaving me stunned.

Immediately after he left, I shout with excitement as I burst into the kitchen,  “YUI!!!! YUI!!!!"

She looks at me with slight shock and confusion, until I showed her my transcripts. Her face that showed curiosity turned into excitement. “I'm so proud of you!" She said excitedly as she hugs me, the smile still planted on my face. The she lets go of me and scolds me, “That also means you'll stop skipping right?" After she said that, I sigh heavily.

As much as I want to, she's also right. I have to keep my grades up, and try to have my GPA in check. If not, higher. “Fine, I'll stop skipping." I said in slight annoyance, which only made her smile brightly.

“Good." She said happily. Then suddenly, her eyes widen as if she just saw the dead. Then she fell to her knees as her hand clenched the hem of her shirt, over her chest. I immediately ran to her and put both my hands on her shoulder.

“What's wrong? Can you hear me?" I slightly shout as I slightly shake her from her shoulders. She nods as she closes her eyes in pain. As seconds pass by, I'm getting extremely worried. I've never seen her looking like she's on the verge of death. That word kept ringing inside my ears as I remember the death of my big brother, which is getting me a bit traumatized.

Before I could get up and find any of the vampires that could be near us, Yui suddenly said, "I'm fine." She said before taking a deep breath. “I'm fine." She adds, mostly saying that to herself in reassurance, which calmed me down a bit.

"What happened there?" I ask with slight worry. Does she have a heart condition or something?

"I-I don't know." She said as she looks at her hands, as if she saw something unbelievable.