III- The hearing

Anna's POV

The next week, we spent our days cleaning, much to my annoyance. I had already spent a good time of my summer cleaning the Dursley's house and now I had to clean another house, with Ms Weasley bossing us around. Don't get me wrong, she was lovely but I always had to be careful to not react too much to her yelling. And I didn't like the way she talked to Sirius the other day. Acting as if he was horrible for telling us shit we had the right to know and talking about Azkaban like that, in his house too!

I cleaned, not talking much to the others. I liked most of them but I didn't feel like talking. Or maybe I associated cleaning with silence. Who knows.

Wednesday night came and during dinner, Ms Weasley whispered something to us.

"I ironed your best clothes for tomorrow morning and I want you two to wash your hair tonight. A good first impression can do wonders." I felt my heart drop and I knew Harry felt the same. No matter how much I hated cleaning it was a good way to keep my mind off the hearing. Everyone stopped talking and looked at us.

"How are we gonna go there?" I asked, trying to appear calm.

"Arthur is going to take you with him while going to work." M. Weasley sent us a encouraging smile from the other hand of the table.

"You'll just have to wait in my office while waiting for the hearing."

Harry looked at Sirius, apparently wanting to ask if he would come, but Ms. Weasley answered before he even asked the question.

"Professor Dumbledore doesn't think it's a good idea for Sirius to go with you and I must say that in my opinion-"

"-He's absolutely right," Sirius finished, obviously annoyed.

"When did Dumbledore tell you that?" Harry asked, still looking at Sirius.

"He came yesterday night, when you were sleeping."

I knew Harry felt even worse at that moment, due to Dumbledore not talking to him. He looked up to him. I went upstairs early to take a shower and wash my hair. I dried them as much as I could and went in my room. Hermione and Ginny weren't here yet, so I had the chance to talk to the moon. I hadn't had the chance in a while, the girls always being here. When I heard footsteps coming, I stopped talking but stayed next to the window. 

The next day, I woke up early and immediately went to the bathroom. I didn't want to stay in my room forever. I made sure my hair looked good and put on the clothes Ms. Weasley had prepared for me. When I got out, I saw Harry. Knowing he would't want to talk either, so I just greeted him with a nod. We walked in the kitchen, where Tonks, M. and Ms. Weasley as well as uncle Moony and uncle Pads were sitting. As soon as Ms. Weasley saw us, she got up and walked to the fire place to prepare breakfast.

"Hi Harry, hi Anna," Tonks greeted as they yawned. "Slept well?"

"Yeah," Harry answered. I couldn't just straight up say no and I didn't feel like talking, so I kept quiet.  He sat next to Tonks while I fell on the chair between Sirius and Remus. 

"What do you want Harry, Anna?" Ms Weasley asked. "Porridge? Eggs? Toasts?"

"Oh just toasts, thank you," Harry said.

"Yeah, same for me."

The adults talked between themselves, not asking Harry or I to join, with I knew we were both grateful for. Ms Weasley sat next to harry and started fixing every problem on his clothes.

"How do you feel?" M. Weasley asked us. We both shrugged. "It'll be over soon. In a few hours, you'll be proven innocent," he affirmed. "The hearing will be on my floor, in Amelia Bones' office.  She leads the department of magical justice and she's the one who'll ask the questions."