XXV- Arguments

Anna's POV

Mr. Weasley was still at St. Mungo's, but there was visible improvement of his health and he would be able to get out soon. It relieved everyone. Unfortunately, that was not enough to keep everybody's mood up, including mine. Granger was getting on my nerves basically just by talking and I made no effort to hide it, annoying my brother and Ron. Sirius and Remus had let me move rooms so I didn't sleep in the same one as hers. If she didn't stop making those stupid backhanded comments, always doubting how truthful I was, I would stop being passive aggressive and would punch her. Perhaps a good hit would take her mind off the fact that I was friends with "people we could never trust" and she would lay off.

"Anna, can we talk?" Moony asked as he came into my room.

"Yeah, sure," I affirmed as I turned to him. "What's up?"

"I would ask you the same. What's up with you and Hermione? I've never seen you so- so tense."

"She keeps getting on my nerves, is all." I refused to look at him and kept folding some clothes.

"Why?"

"Because she very obviously doesn't trust me or my friends and keeps making subtle comments about it," I admitted.

"Anna. Anna, look at me please."

I sighed before putting the shirt I was holding down and turning to him. He looked at me like he was trying to read my thoughts, which he might actually be trying to do. I squinted my eyes at the thought but he didn't seem to react so he probably wasn't actually trying to read my mind.

"Why wouldn't she trust your friends? I mean, Neville and Luna are part of your... club or whatever you want to call it."

"Club?"

"Yeah, the one where Harry has been nominated to teach some defense or something?"

Everything clicked. That was where Nev and Luna would disappear to sometimes, that was where they went that time in Hogsmead. That was the extent Granger didn't trust me. All that because I was friends with Slytherins? 

"I know, I know, I'm not supposed to know, but Harry mentioned it to Sirius and he mentioned it to me so, I know."

"Right yeah, that makes sense." I couldn't speak more than that. There was no way Ginny and the Twins weren't in it. Did they think I didn't want to be there? My heart felt tight and my lungs restricted. Did none of them really trust me? Why did Granger let Neville and Luna in, they were friends with the same people as me?

"Anna?" Moony asked, bringing me back to reality.

"Hm?"

"Are you alright? I didn't think it was an upsetting subject, I'm sorry."

"Well until then the subject had never been brought up to me, so," I whispered, not thinking about my words. Remus seemed to pause.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, nothing."

"Are you not part of it?" He seemed so confused as to why I wouldn't be in it.

"Granger doesn't trust me," I said with an empty laugh.

"What? But Harry is part of it as well, why hasn't he spoken up?"

"It doesn't matter," I affirmed.

"Anna, what happened?"

"Moony, please. I don't want to talk about it."

It was obvious he had more to say and ask, but he dropped the subject. His jaw was clenched though his eyes were warm. He got up and walked to me, wrapping his arm around me. I returned the hug, feeling safe there. His hugs were warm, probably the warmest I ever had.