XXVII-Defense

Anna's POV

The next morning, relief washed over me as I saw Theo laying down on the other bed. He was okay, he was alive and Ms. Weasley had healed him. I laid there in silence, wondering how we came to this. Two years ago, we talked for the first time and since then, he became my Ancient Runes mate. He made the class so much more fun, much funnier than Granger could ever hope to do. And here we were, in my uncle's childhood house because he had to flee from his home and he trusted me enough to ask me for help. I looked out the window. This day was going to be fun, the others would be delighted to see Theo at breakfast. A pillow suddenly hit my face and I turned to him.

"Oi! What was that for?"

"You looked way too deep in thought for your own good, Anna. Couldn't risk you drowning in them," he cheekily said and I snorted.

"Please, I know how to swim."

He burst out laughing at that and I joined him until someone opened the door. The twins were there in the doorway and Fred looked at Theo. He walked towards him, making him back off a little. 

"So you got to stay, huh?" His voice was cold. "Let's be clear, Nott, if you hurt anyone here, and I mean anyone, I will rip your head off."

"Fred." He turned to me, his eyes still cold. I didn't back down and looked right back at him. I understood why he threatened Theo, it was fair, I just wanted to cut it short. 

"I mean no harm," Theo said before I could. "I won't hurt anyone."

Fred looked him up and down. "You better. Snake."

"Fred, you don't even know why he's here, so back off will you?"

"Oh please, enlighten us Anna," George said.

"It's not my place to say." George turned to Theo, he looked just as intimidating as Fred but it felt so much colder from him.

"Then you enlighten us. Why the fuck are you here?"

"Disagreed with my father," Theo shortly said.

"Aw, that who gave you your bruises?"

I pushed Fred away from him with force, he pissed me off at the moment. "Watch your fucking mouth."

"Or what?"

"You and I both know I could beat you. Your choice if you want to try it."

George looked at me in shock, Fred with anger. He'd seen Theo bruised, I had seen him and now we all knew his father had done it, probably with some magic as well. I had been hit by the person supposed to take care of me, I wouldn't let him make comments like that.

"What's going on here?" Ginny asked from the doorway.

"Anna still defends her fucking friend even if he's a snake," George provided.

"You'd do the same." They both turned to her, shock and betrayal written on their faces and I laughed.

"Ginny!"

"It's true! Plus, I don't care if he's a Slytherin, Anna wouldn't be friends with biggots and I trust her judgement."

"Thanks Gin, I appreciate it."

"You've taken care of more biggots on your own than everyone combined here, except the adults maybe."

"See that's why you're my favourite."

"She's your favourite?!" The twins repeated.

"Obviously." They rolled their eyes.

"Alright."