I - William Magrath

Anna's POV

My muscles were aching as I got off my bed. Yesterday's training was the hardest, just like every friday. We worked out for a few hours, building up our body strengh and worked on tricks after lunch. My technique was better than ever and I still had a week to go before the end of Quidditch camp. I would miss it.

I went down to eat breakfast, which was mandatory. They insisted we eat breakfast everyday and wouldn't let us play or train until we did. I sat down next to William, an older guy that was there every day, sometimes training but not always as he wasn't part of the team. He looked out the window with a soft smile on his face. Probably looking at his partner, Ash, who was an official member of the team.

"Potter! Pleasure to have you by my side on this fine morning," he grinned at me and I rolled my eyes with a smile.

"Pleasure to be by your side, Magrath." I smiled sarcastically, but I did enjoy his company.

"Of course, I'm simply amazing." He was grinning wildly, making me think of Sirius when he would get cocky like that. "What's got you shaking your head like that?"

"You make me think of someone else."

"In a good way, I hope." His smile got smaller and I could hear the real worry in his voice. I had a feeling he gave a lot of importance to how people saw him, as if he refused to be seen a certain way, fearing it even.

"Oh yes, he's one of the best people I know." I smiled fondly at the thought of Sirius while also trying to push away my tears.

"That why it makes you want to cry?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. How could he read me so well?

"He's hurt. I don't know if he's going to make it," I admitted.

"Oh. I'm really sorry to hear that." He placed a comforting hand on my forearm and I smiled up at him. 

"It's okay. I thought he had died for a bit so, that's still better right? There's hope." My throat tightened at the memory of Padfoot's unmoving body lying on the ground. That was the last time I had seen him and I hated it.

"There is."  He smiled at me, his usual mischievous grin falling back on his face. "You know what you can do with that hope right now?"

"Practice?"

"Practice."

I got up, squinting my eyes at him. "You just want to get closer to Ash, don't you?"

"How dare you accuse me of such behaviour?" He furrowed his eyebrows and put his hand to his chest like he'd been shot. "You hurt my feelings, Anna."

I threw my head back with a laugh at his antics. I really liked him, hopefully I'd be able to see him again even once Quidditch camp was over. He thew his arm around my shoulder and walked with me to the Quidditch pitch where my broom was safely kept away from the humidity. A few meters away from the place our brooms were stocked, the B'room (Broom Room) as Angus liked to call it, William turned to me.

"Race you to Aonach Mor, Potter!"

He ran down the rest of the way and I dashed after him. He walked out the room with his broom just when I opened the door keeping my broom away. I took it and slammed the door shut behind me, not bothering to lock it. He had just started flying when I jumped on my broom and started flying behind him. He was in front of me and I would have no hope if I didn't know how fast I could fly. I might be able to give Harry a run for his position if I wanted to.

I took a breath and leaned down on my broom gradually, letting it go faster and faster until I was next to William. I turned my head to look at him and gave him my most arrogant smile before leaning back down on my broom and passing right in front of him, putting a few meters between us as I raced to the Mor. I hadn't taken the time to do my usual 'quidditch-braid' this morning so some hair flew in my face, whipping my face as the wind blew them. I finally landed on the Mountain and got off my broom, pushing my hair away from my face as I turned back to see William land after me. I smiled brightly at him as he panted with his hands on his knees.