VII- Thankfulness

Anna's POV

I was tired, not having slept for long but I was glad I didn't fall asleep. Maybe I was meant to go to the astronomy tower. I went down to breakfast with Neville, sitting in front of him so that I had a view on the Slytherin's table. While eating, I glanced at the door, hoping to see Pansy walk through. I looked to the Slytherin table and met her eyes. I smiled at her and felt relief fill me. She seemed to be okay.

I walked back up to the Gryffindor tower while Neville got to our next class, since I had had forgotten my transfiguration book. I got my things and walked towards my class... or I thought so. I figured I had gotten on the wrong stairs and ran to transfiguration. I barged in late and put my hands on my knees to get my breath back. I did as Minnie asked me and sat down. Feeling eyes on me, I turned around and saw Pansy looking at me. I smiled at her and she hastily turned around, looking flustered. Seeing the pink tint on her cheeks after I smiled at her inflated my ego and I smirked to myself.

Throughout the whole day, we kept making eyes contact and I would always smile at her, slightly hoping to see her getting flustered again. I wasn't used to making people blush. Make them red yes, but not in a good way. Mostly anger or a bloody nose I gave them. I frowned slightly at the though. I felt a cold hand on my arm and snapped out of my thoughts.

"Are you quite alright Anna?" Luna asked in her sweet voice.

"Yes Luna, don't worry." I smiled at her and looked at the hour. "Oh shit, I have to go." I scrambled up.

"What? Why?" Neville asked. 

"Quidditch pratique," I said and walked out. "See you two later!" I called our before running down to the quidditch pit. 

I walked in and Angelina turned around, looking angry.

"Where were you?!" she exclaimed.

"I'm so sorry, I zoned out and didn't see the time go by." She rolled her eyes and let out a sight.

"At least you didn't get in a fight and you're not too late." She turned around and walked out the changing room, gesturing me to follow her. 

"Look who finally showed up," George said.

"Am I seeing this right?" Fred added.

"Are we blessed by Anna Potter's presence?" they dramatically asked, acting as if they fainted.

"Of course not, I'm an illusion," I answered, rolling my eyes although I had a smile on my face. 

"Alright listen up!" Angelina yelled, clapping her hands together and getting everyone's attention. "The tryouts are about to start. If you are here for a position other than keeper, you can leave."

"Oh come on! I would make an amazing chaser," a guy commented, I didn't know his name. To be fair, I didn't know a lot of names. 

"We're already full on that position," Angelina said.

"I bet I could be better. Especially more than little Potter over here?" he said again. 

"Could you now?" I said with a smirk.

"Yes." I looked him up and down.

"Wanna bet?" I suggested. 

"You shouldn't be on the team Potter, you only got on because you and your brother are famous." I opened my mouth to tell him off but Angelina interrupted.

"That's enough!" she said loudly. "Potter here is one of the best chasers this team as ever had. If you have a problem with that, you can leave." The guy grunted and left, obviously mad. "Leave if you're not going to try out for keeper as well." A few other people left and I looked at the possibility of new addition to the team. That's when I noticed Ron standing in the crowd.