XLVI- Department of Mystery

Anna's POV

While the others were confused at Luna's words, already analyzing how many brooms they had and where they were, Luna starred behind Harry and Hermione.

"I don't think she's talking about brooms," I said to the others as I noticed thestrals coming over.

Harry and the others turned around and Harry paled slightly. Neville shivered at the sight, he never did like them much.

"They smelled the blood on you," Luna informed.

"What did?" Ginny asked.

"Thestrals." I approached one and passed my hand on its neck. "They're friendly."

"You also like them?" Harry asked, confusion written all over his face.

"Yeah, Luna and I come see them all the time," I smiled. "Hermione, Ginny, Ron, you guys can't see them right?"

"No." Ginny answered bluntly as Ron shook his head.

"Considering I have yet to see anyone die, no, I can't," Hermione answered and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Was it really necessary to say more than no?

"They should all ride with one of us, since we can see them," I suggested to Harry, Neville and Luna.

"I'm riding with Harry!" Ron immediately exclaimed.

"I'll go with Neville," Ginny said and gave him a smile. Clearly, she knew he wasn't totally comfortable with them and didn't like flying. Neville gave a small smile back, obviously not pleased at the idea of riding a thestral.

"Come on, Granger," I said. "You ride with me."

"Do I have to?"

"Luna likes to fly alone."

I held out my hand towards her and she sighed. "Fine."

I took her hands and placed them on the Thestral's back. She flinched at the cold contact and I waited a bit. "You okay to get on?"

She silently nodded and I put my hand above her waist, counting to three before raising her up. She threw her leg over it and I stabilized her. "Move back a bit," I instructed and she did. I jumped on the thestral's back and patted its neck. "Hold on to me, they fly fast." I turned back to her and grinned. "Wouldn't want you to fall off."

She paled and immediately held on tightly to my waist. "Don't you dare let me fall."

"Yeah, yeah, but euh, I still need to breathe Granger."

"Oh, yeah right." She loosened her death grip. "Sorry."

Luna whispered to her thestral and it went flying, the others following shortly. I gripped on tightly, trying not to die from the arms squeezing my middle hard. Finally, we landed and Granger let go of me. I climbed down from the thestral and held my hand out to help her down. She nodded a thanks and I shrugged.

"So, how do we get in from here?" I asked Harry, watching the street. It was empty and seemed rather clean.

"There," he answered and pointed to a phone cabin. It seemed quite small.

"How are we going to fit in there?" Ron asked, voicing my thoughts.

"We just have to."

I rolled my eyes and let out a sigh. We cramped up in the cabin, each stepping over the others feet while Harry pressed in a number, hardly reaching it.

"Welcome to the Ministry of Magic. Please state your names and the purpose of your visit," the phone said and made me uncomfortable though that could just be being stuck in the small cabin with six other people. Gosh could any of them breathe?