XVIII- Last meeting before Christmas

Pansy's POV

Christmas was coming and you could feel it wherever you went. There was an eerie ambiance as always. Everybody was smiling and talking excitedly in the corridors. Everybody but me and Theo. 

We both knew the holidays' wouldn't be that enjoyable. It would be cold, not in our houses, but in our hearts and that was the worst. My parents would either ignore or critique me, and the same went for Theo's dad.

"I missed the days I would look forward to going back home. I was so much happier then," I told Theo. He stayed quiet for a while.

"I'm not sure I miss it so much," he finally said.

"What do you mean? Everything was so much better then," I contradicted.

"Not everything. I mean, mum had already killed herself in first year. I was so fucking proud of being a pureblood and had shitty ideals. I would agree with Draco if he said Granger deserved to die based of her blood status." He let out a deep breath. "Plus I didn't have Anna, Nev and Luna in my life. We were barely friends and I didn't know Blaise well yet."

I opened my eyes and looked at him. His back was tensed and he wasn't breathing as fully as usual. I put my hand on his back. I knew how painful the loss of his mother had been, every pureblood family mourned her. He turned his head away.

"Theo," I called as I sat up next to him. "It's okay."

"I hate going home Pans, but my life is still so much better than it was then," he said.

I wrapped my arms around him and he leaned on me. We stayed like that for a moment, enough time for his breath to steady again. Blaise came in in his quidditch clothes.

"Draco is coming," he informed when he saw the state we were in. We could never be too careful about showing weakness.

"Thanks," Theo said with a weak smile and whipped his teary eyes.

Draco came in, Crabbe and Goyle following behind. 

"Hello Theo, Pansy," he greeted.

"Hey Draco," we answered.

"Are you both excited to go home? We'll finally be in a place without any mudbloods," he spat.

"It's not like they talk to you," Theo sighed.

"Still, they plague the place." Theo looked at me, his eyes shinning with mischief like Anna's often did.

"Like Potter?" He asked, ignoring my warning look. Even Crabbe and Goyle gave him  a desperate look.

"Especially Potter. Always thinking he's better than everybody. SO arrogant. With those stupid green eyes and messy hair. Does he never fix his hair?" Malfoy started and I groaned in Theo's pillow has he continued to rant.

Harry's POV

Today was Dumbledore's Army last meeting before Christmas. I had chosen to work on the Impediment Jinx and Stunning spell. I walked to the Room of Requirement with Ron and Hermione, arriving first as always. It would've been bad if we were the last to arrive when I was the one teaching. Ron was talking with Hermione, or maybe bickering, I didn't know. I tried to focus on today's lesson but my mind kept drifting off.

I knew Anna hated Umbridge, she probably hated her even more than I did with her capacity to loathe things. I thought she should be part of the Da, maybe even teach with me. She was more outgoing and she was brilliant at DADA, even if she was even better in transfiguration. Unfortunately Hermione didn't trust her and didn't want her to be part of it.

I should probably tell her, but then again she was friends with Slytherins and I didn't know the information she shared with them. Was I a bad brother for not telling her? I couldn't deny our relationship was weird. We weren't as close as we used to be, but I wanted to get closer again! I simply didn't know how.

"Harry," Hermione whispered harshly, slapping my arm and pulling me out of my thoughts.

"You alright mate?" Ron asked.

"Yeah, yeah. I was just lost in thoughts."

"Well most people have arrived," Hermione informed me.

"Right, yeah sorry."

I got up and walked in front of everyone. I greeted them and told them what we would be attempting this lesson. Throughout the lesson, my mind kept drifting off to Anna, but I tried to focus. An unfocussed teacher didn't make a good teacher, did it? Soon the lesson came to an end.

"All right everyone, that's it for today," I informed them. "You're all doing great. Merry Christmas."

Little by little, everybody left, merry Christmas' going around the room. In the end, it was only Ron, Hermione, Cho and me. I looked at Cho before glancing back at my friends, mentally asking them to leave. 

Ron smiled at me and pulled Hermione with him, giving me a thumbs up. Once everyone had left, I walked towards Cho. She was in front of the mirror, looking at Cedric's picture.