V- Detention

Anna's POV

When time came for dinner, I decided to go downstairs. I almost entered the great hall but I went to the kitchen instead. I didn't feel like seeing everyone. I tickled the pear and opened the door. I asked an house elf if they could make me a small sandwich and they ran to do it. 

"Do you mind if I sit on the counter?" I asked them.

"No, no miss potter, it's a pleasure to see you again," Romley answered. She had given me and Cedric food multiple times. I ate the sandwich Jobky had made me and thanked them with a small smile. I finished eating and watched them work. 

"Can I help?" I asked Romley, not wanting to offend the house elves. I knew she didn't mind when we talked about it, she was a little more like Dobby. 

"Oh no thank you miss Potter," she smiled. "Can we make anything else for you?" 

"No, thank you Romley. I think I'm gonna go to sleep now, don't want to be caught out of bed after curfew."

With that, I left the kitchen and went up to the common room. When I entered I saw a few people looking at me but I ignored them and searched for Neville. I found him in our usual spot in a corner of the common room, where no one usually looked. I sat in front of him and he looked up to me giving me a small smile.

"I'm sorry I didn't show up at dinner," I told him.

"It's okay. Did you eat?"

"Yeah, went down to the kitchen. Saw Romley again."

"That's great, how is she?"

"She seemed to be doing good, we should go down to see her again this week, with Luna."

He nodded and I noticed him looking at a paper and a few books around him. I figured he was doing the potion homework so I scooped closer. 

"Need help with that?"

"Yes please," he said and showed me his essay. I quickly analyzed what he had written and figured what he could add. to make a good essay. I took a loose paper and wrote the information he should add on it, underlining the most important. 

"Here, add this," I said and gave him the sheet I had made. "You should have a good base with that and I can help you with the rest if you have questions."

"You're a lifesaver Anna." He smiled at me and we both got to our potion essay. "Oh, while I remember, Umbridge asked me to tell you you had detention for the next two days, same time as Harry."

"Okay... uh, at least I don't have detention Friday." I looked up to him. "Wanna come to the tryouts Friday?"

"You know I'm not going to play. None of the position would fit me anyway."

"I'm sure you wouldn't make a bad keeper," I denied. 

"I don't like flying, Anna," he deadpanned.

"Fair enough. You can still come tho," I smiled and he sighed. 

"We'll see."

"Okayyy." I smiled at him, filling a bit of joy fill me again. We continued our homework for a while until Nev yawned. 

"Whelp, I think I'm  gonna go to bed okay?"

"Ok, goodnight Nev." I smiled and gave him a hug. I finished my potion homework and finally went to sleep, being the last one in the common room.

The next morning, I woke up and wish I could go back to sleep immediately. I hadn't slept enough and I groaned at the thought of detention with Umbridge. I got up and put one my uniform, not taking the time to tie my tie or straighten my shirt. I go down to the great hall, Neville not being in the common room when I left my dorm. I didn't see him at our table and decided to go sit next to Luna.