10

❃ ʟɪɢʜᴛs ᴏᴜᴛ ❃

ʟɪɢʜᴛs ᴏᴜᴛ

the fading sunlight pressed gentle kisses alongside his face, the tan skin glistening under its golden shine. streaks of orange painted his ebony locks, brown and gold mixing together as he walked down the cold pavement. his feet pattered against the concrete, creating a rhythmic beat which followed the sound of his palpitating heart.

a content smile rested on his cherry lips, brown eyes with specks of gold shining under the bright blue sky. there were barely any clouds on the vast abyss as he looked above, admiring the pretty colours. pink, orange and blue mixed together as the sun slowly but surely retreated behind the chain of mountains above.

it had been a scene pulled straight out of a disney movie.

his gaze travelled all over the horizon, stopping once he noticed a sudden flock of birds flying above his head. he followed their route with his eyes, ears peking up at each sound they produced. they paid no mind to the boy watching them with so much genuine curiousity and awe, continuing to fly away to where they had intended.

jeno passed by a huge bush of roses decorating a house which seemed to be the home of some well-off people. he swore he caught sight of a small, white rose in the sea of red, yet it disappeard from his sight before he could properly inspect it. a small sigh left his mouth but the smile on his face never faltered, emotions overflowing as he continued walking without a worry in mind.

he couldn't help it.

he was just so happy.

actually excited for life after so, so long.

his hand subconsciously flew over to his lips, gently touching them as he remembered the soft ones pressed against them not so long ago. blood rushed to his cheeks, the same shade of roses painting his face as he struggled to contain his excitement.

roses.

suddenly, a thought came to mind.

not bothering to ponder over it for a single second, jeno turned back around. he began walking down the same path he came from, eyes scanning the familiar neighbourhood in hopes of spotting the rose bush from before. after a few fleeting moments of walking around, he finally found what he was looking for.

without hesitation, the boy began rummaging the bush in hopes of finding a certain flower he had lost sight of before. eyebrows furrowed in concentration as he tried to avoind the prickly thorns pressing so dangerously against his hands, jeno fought his way through the roses.

and finally, there it was.

sitting in his slightly bloody hand, was a single, beautiful white rose.

he couldn't help the grin from spreading across his face, cheeks hurting from the constant smiling. his heart danced inside his chest as he stared at the pretty flower, excited for what was to come tomorrow. he avoided touching the white petals, afraid of staining their purity with his bloodied touch.