53

"are you sure you're up for this?"

taeyong questioned, looking beside him to catch his brother's eyes. jeno could only nod in response, feeling the anxiety bubbling up inside him like a vulcano just waiting to errupt and send them all straight to hell.

the last few days have been a total wreckage inside his mind— from yeeun being alive and well all this time to him confessing his love to a couple of guys all the way down to the fact that he'd finally made up with mark.

it just seemed so surreal to him.

finding his brother was just the icing on the cake, the reunited siblings sticking together like never before.

how did his life undergo such a massive change— a positive change— in the span of a couple days? what had he done in his past life to deserve such kindness from the strings of destiny?

a million questions floated around in lee jeno's mind as he sat next to his brother in the passanger's seat, parked right outside his house.

a home he shared with just his mother.

a home that hadn't really been a home in a long, long time.

taeyong felt himself grow sentimental as he looked at his childhood home, the place where he made the best memories with his younger siblings. life was simpler back then, with just him, jeno and yeeun playing together in the garden.

enjoying the greens and the flowers and the blue sky until life decided to say 'fuck you' and took that all away.

"i should head inside." jeno voiced out, bringing him back from his little trance. he fought back a smile as he noticed taeyong's longing gaze, wishing he could go back, too.

"i'll wait for you."

taeyong spoke, earning a nod in return before jeno exited the car and made his way towards the house.

"hey."

he called out, watching the younger as he turned around to see what the leader hat to say.

"just tell her i said, hi, okay? don't tell her i'm here though."

"yeah, okay."

jeno responded, sending the older a small wave before finally stepping into the house.

"who the hell do you think you are stepping into my house like tha—"

the woman's rough voice ceased once she stepped into the doorway, praying to God her eyes were not decieving her.

"hi, mom."

── 💧 ──

"do you wanna eat anything? i can ask ms. kang to make you some pizza if you'd like. ooh, or maybe you should try—"