48

taeyong chuckled, eyes staring dead ahead at jeno's face as he did so

taeyong chuckled, eyes staring dead ahead at jeno's face as he did so. "you have a really bad timing, you know that?" he started, taunting the two males behind him with just his voice.

renjun bit his lip, pressing down hard enough to draw blood as he struggled to contain himself from ending the other right then and there. and he nearly said something he shouldn't have but luckily jaemin was there to calm him down.

feeling his lover's hand squeeze his shoulder tight as he whispered words of comfort into his ear prompted the chinese male to wait before lashing out and murdering their leader.

"w-what happened?", jeno muttered, coming back to his senses for a second as he opened his eyes. he felt himself gasp as he noticed taeyong staring right at him like a psychopath. the man was silent, unblinking as he never once wavered in his solemn gaze.

eyes dead and hollow as they followed jeno's every movement like a hawk. a stuffy silence now presided over the room, the two individuals just staring at each other as they exchanged their thoughts without actually speaking.

"stop fucking looking at him." renjun spat, harshly grabbing the other's shoulder and turning him around. and the leader let him, seemingly in a trance of his own.

"enough of this fucking bullshit. tell us why he's crying, taeyong.", it was jaemin's turn to speak, the pinkette looking down at their leader with rage in his eyes like he had never seen before.

"or i swear i'll let renjun send you straight to hell. and he's not as forgiving as i am. so speak."

"truth is, i don't fucking know. all we did was catch up a little, right jeno?", taeyong mocked, not missing the way the younger tensed behind him. 

jeno remained quiet, eyes flitting upwards to meet the two males' gaze. the first one to acknowledge him was renjun, whose eyes were burning with rage as he looked at the stunning noirette.

next, it was jaemin. the pinkette had his arm wrapped securely around renjun's waist, chin resting on his shoulder as his dark eyes met jeno's in an instant. the noirette felt his own heart clench as he noticed the tears running down the boy's cheeks.

"it's okay. i'm fine." he spoke, taking the two by surprise as he moved to get off the bed. taeyong only smirked at them as he watched the younger walk until he was standing right in front of him.

"jeno, what are you—"

"shh, it's okay, jae."

he voiced out, turning around and ruffling the boy's hair lovingly. even though he caught himself slipping in that moment, jeno never moved away.

despite the fact that his mind was screaming at him that what he's doing is wrong, that who he is is wrong, the noirette continued to soothe the pretty male.

"i wanna speak to him. alone."

jeno spoke, voice cold as he turned around to look taeyong dead in the eye.