15

"please, hyuck, just this once

"please, hyuck, just this once...", jeno begged as he turned to his friend, giving his best puppy eyed look in order to convince him. it was strange and unnatural for him to beg for anything but when it came to lee donghyuck, the choice was nonexistent. donghyuck looked back at him, seemingly wavering his options as if his decision could be detrimental to our society's wellbeing.

not as if the whole ordeal was about a bar of white chocolate sprinkled with coconut.

not at all.

jeno could see the caramel haired boy was conflicted between two possible outcomes. give the chocolate to jeno and be left without the sweetness they both oh so idly enjoyed or keep it for himself and suffer the consequences of a revenge seeking lee jeno. an occurance he would not wish to witness and feel ever again.

what was he to do?

with heavy eyes and full lips pulled into a tight line, donghyuck gave his best friend a single look before uttering his decision.

"we'll share."

and that's how both boys ended up walking down the vast greenery of their school's garden, half a chocolate bar in hand.

jeno's eye smile was everpresent as he enjoyed his treat, his striking features catching the attention of many lovesick (A/N stream '0X1 = LOVESONG' by txt or else) teenagers lurking around. one particular pink haired individual was standing by the fountain, freshly lit cigarette hanging from his mouth as he stared closely at the two pretty best friends.

the bruinette was so into the chocolate sweetness he completely missed the dark eyes burning holes into his neck as he passed by. jaemin was standing a few feet away and he completely missed him. this left a bitter taste in the pinkette's mouth, seeing as he did not like to be ignored.

ever.

so, with steps as light as the elves' from lord of the rings, na jaemin set out to follow the handsome pair in efforts to speak with jeno.

donghyuck's mouth was full of chocolate as his rosy cheeks glistened under the blaring sunlight. the veil of orange and yellow covered his entire being, making his tan skin appear golden under its influence. he laughed along to a joke jeno said, enjoying the comfortable presence of his best friend as they continued their peaceful stroll.

jeno's smile only widened as he noticed his usually sappy yet nonetheless cheery friend appear even merrrier than usual. "what's got you so in the mood, sunflower?", his lips uttered the term of endearment before his brain could register it, unaware of the light blush painting his childhood friend's cheeks as he did so.

unfortunately, he was completely unaware of the presence behind them as well.

and jaemin could not have been more pissed than he was the second he heard that loving nickname be thrown around without so much as a second thought.

"i-it's nothing...", donghyuck trailed off, lips pulling into a shy smile as he couldn't help but stutter at the sudden question. "i just... i met someone.", jeno's eyes widened at that, a teasing smirk already creeping up his thin lips as he awaited for donghyuck to continue.

"elaborate, please."

donghyuck rolled his eyes, already sensing the endless ammount of teasing he would be recieveing from his best friend. he took a deep breath, mentally preparing himself for what was to come before halting in his steps. jeno stopped walking as well, confusion and an unqeanchable thirst to know all the gory details present in his eyes.

jaemin swiftly stepped behind a nearby bush, hiding himself to avoid being caught as he listened in carefully.

"it's mark."

"huh?"

jeno asked, struggling to grasp what he just heard.

"mark lee."

was all donghyuck said before his thoughts became completely consumed by the older male. he continued to talk about all the little details he noticed about the english major. the way his hands trembled whenever he would accidentally make skin to skin contact with the tan male. the way his big doe eyes always looked so confused and childlike, like a deer stuck in headlights. the way his cute button nose would scrunch up whenever he disliked something.

jeno could only stare at his best friend, chest hurting as he listened to him pour his heart out.

listening to your best friend crushing on the person that's part of the reason you're homophobic felt like absolute shit.

"anyways, he's so fucking hot, i can't."

donghyuck finished, ellicitng a half-hearted smile from the bruinette. luckily, the dreamy eyed male didn't notice as they both continued their walk.

jeno felt his throat close up as breathing became harder and harder with each step he took. donghyuck didn't seem to notice as he went on and on about how cute mark is when he laughs and embarases himself. he was too busy to notice the boy beside him becoming paler with each passing second.
jeno's eyes widened as his vision began blurring, dread filling his system as he recognised what was happening.

jeno was having a panic attack.

unfortunately, before donghyuck or jaemin (who was still following them) could notice what was going on, he collapsed.

darkness consuming him.

"jeno!", the two screamed at the same time, rushing to help him.

please be okay, jaemin thought as he kneeled over to look at the pale boy.

a stray tear slipping from his eye.

guess who's back after a month lol

school's finally over so get ready for some content.

why do you think jeno reacted this way after hearing that hyuck has a crush on m0rk? share your thoughts.