44

"how are you feeling?"

winwin's soft, honey-like voice called out to him, grazing his skin as it almost seemed to embrace his very being. a few seconds had passed yet the boy remained unresponsive. wide, bloodshot eyes stared straight ahead, oddly resembling that of a mad man. truth be told, jeno didn't feel far too different than a mad man at the moment.

yesterday's events paired with hurtful flashbacks form the past replayed in his mind on repeat, ingraved into his memory.

the doctor sighed as he soon realised he wouldn't be getting much reaction from the other any time soon. he spent the next few minutes rearranging his medication-filled shelves, racking his brain for any possible solution as to what might encourage or even provoke the boy to finally talk to him and clarify his current mindset.

because frankly, winwin was worried for jeno.

and things weren't looking too great for the bruinette.

and as he was grabbing a bottle of anti-depressants he had somehow managed to misplace, a lightbulb lit up in his head. it seemed as if the gears turning in his head had finally stopped spinning as they reached their ultimate goal. a solution.

i know just who to call.

winwin hoped he was right about his assumption, turning to walk out of the office and leaving jeno on his own.

what he hadn't plan however, was for an unnoticed figure clad in all black to slip into the room seconds after he made sure to lock it.

it had been twenty minutes or so since the doctor had left the room, nothing but silence and the loud buzzing of his own gruesome thoughts to accompany the recovering boy. at least jeno thought that's how long it had passed. he'd lost count at this point. and as he was busy doing nothing, really, a dull thump followed by a breathy groan of pain resonated through the room- cutting off his rather sorrowful train of thoughts.

"who's there?" jeno voiced barely above a whisper, sitting up as darkness filled his vision. winwin had turned the lights off in hopes of letting the boy get some much needed sleep so the boy found himself completely in the dark- literally. panicking as he heard the person shuffle on the floor before rising up to stare right at him, jeno quickly jumped off the bed and switched the lamp beside his bed on, mouth hanging open as he uttered a name he never thought he would again.

"sena..."

he trailed off, knees giving in as he watched the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen in his life standing right in front of him. all the memories from the past suddenly came rushing to him, replaying inside his eyes as his glossy irises met her dark ones. all words got caught in his throat, heart rate picking up as he found it more and more difficult to properly breathe as time went on.

for seconds on-end they stood there, simply taking in each other completely.

"jen-"

as soon as her melodic voice entered his system, his muscular arms were wrapped tightly around her body- savouring this moment to cherish it forever.