55 ➣ finale: one of us is lying

"no, no fucking way

"no, no fucking way... it can't be."

"jeno, i need you to listen-"

"i don't need to listen to shit, tae! are you seriously trying to pin this on fucking sena of all people?! i thought you two had a thing or some shit."

"well, legally, she's my wife but that's beside the point. look, i'm trying to say that i have every fucking right to believe it's her."

"you're wrong."

"jeno, i've looked at it a thousand times and no matter how you look at it, the answer is the same: sena orchestrated the whole thing together with the LUX bastards."

"well, look at it again! i'm sure you're missing something..."

"stubborn bastard...", taeyong trailed off, sighing in exasparation as he finally gave up on trying to convince his brother of his claims. a full 10 minutes had passed since the brothers began arguing and the end was no where near in sight.

jeno followed his actions, sitting himself on taeyong's comfortable couch as he looked up at the ceiling. his brother's claims were way too insane for him to believe in them right off the bat.

i mean, sena being responsible for their sister's death? highly unlikely.

but not impossible. 

a voice chimed in, his reason finally kicking in after days of insanity.

"i'm telling you, jeno. you said so yourself: she's the one who left you a note in the infirmary, telling you about me, yeeun, our family and the whole suicide charade."

jeno remained silent.

"she's constantly running off somewhere, talking about meet ups with friends— i mean, come on." taeyong exhaled "the truth is right under your fucking nose and you still can't let yourself believe it."

once again the younger remained unspoken.

"fucking unbelievable..." taeyong trailed off, gathering himself before moving towards the door to get some rest from jeno's borderline stupidity.

"if what you're saying is true,"

jeno started, causing the other to freeze in his steps.

"then let's bring the fight to them. tonight. no one will expect us to move in on 'em so soon."

taeyong hummed.

"that's a terrible idea."

"i know."

the older sighed.

"what are you gonna do if we find her there?"

jeno paused, thinking for a split second before giving an answer he never thought he would.

"then i'll put a bullet in her myself."

×××

"you know we're probably not coming back alive, right?" taeyong inquired, eyes skimming over all his members as they geared up for battle.