31

"you must be lee jeno

"you must be lee jeno."

a deep voice greeted them as they made their way into the room, followed by a herd of guards. jaemin and renjun stepped to the side, leaving the mysterious noirette to stand beside jeno. his hair was still a mess, he hadn't showered in three days since he was uncounisous- or at least he thought he didn't.

let's just say jaemin and renjun may or may not have bathed him while he was out of it.

my point is, he was annoyed and livid.

which is why his next words were of no shock to anyone.

"and you can let me the fuck out of here."

jaemin slapped his forehead, looking over to his boyfriend who had a stoic expression on his face. his eyes were unmoving, staring dead ahead at jeno as if ge were some stranger. as if he knew something bad was about to happen to him yet he couldn't bring himself to care.

then again, even if he wanted to, he couldn't help him.

no one could.

jeno was alone now.

the pinkette could only hope taeyong would go easy on him which was highly unlikely.

"watch your mouth."

a guard came from behind, smacking jeno across the back with his batton at full force. the raven haired male let out a small grunt, refusing to show any signs of pain in front of these people. with no further sounds, he quickly re-adjusted his posture and stared right into the tayeong's eyes.

they didn't deserve to see him in pain.

"i'm sure you've got tons of questions, jeno. and i'll make sure all of them are answered but right now-"

"-you'll let me go and we won't speak of this anymore or else i'll make sure that you and your pathetic little gang here," jeno interrupts, gesturing towards the group of guards in tbe room, not sparing renjun and jaemin a hateful look before turning back to taeyong.

"get your asses handed to you."

he swore he saw a hint of worry flicker in the red headed leader's dragon-like eyes. perhaps he was just seeing things, seeing as a small smirk broke out on the other's face. rage swirled inside him as he looked at taeyong's smug expression, feeling the ground underneath him slip away at his feet.

he was slowly but surely falling.

and no one was there to catch him.

so his only option was to save himself, as always.

"i admire your courage, jeno. i truly do.

the leader spoke, words seemingly kind yet there was a sort of wickedness behind those warm eyes. his gaze turned cold as he rose from his seat, the atmosphere shifting instantly as every gaze followed the man take long, almost sensual strides towards the young college student.

jeno felt his heart physically drop to his stomach.

he didn't like the way the handsome leader looked at him, his vicious gaze running across his stature. tayeong rounded him, taking in all his attributes as if evaluating him. hooded eyes danced across jeno's body and face, almost resembling an occurance in the wildlife.

a predator rounding up his prey.

waiting to slaughter and devour it.

"unfortunately,"

suddenly, he stopped.

face only an inch away from jeno's own, so much so he could feel the cold, misty breeze brush against his skin. the ravenette's gaze never faltered as he looked into the man's emotionless eyes, body burning with intensity.

"courage will do nothing but get you killed here."

jeno's breath stopped for a moment, clenching his fists as a way to distract himself from their proximity as he clung his nails into his hands. the red haired man leaned closer, feeling the boy flinch under his touch as his fingertips grazed against his skin.

the twenty-year-old was truly breathtaking.

too bad he's already taken. taeyong smiled in his mind, briefly glancing over to catch jaemin's hard glare. the pinkette quickly looked away to avoid suspicion, his eyes instead focusing on the wall ahead of him. renjun seemed indifferent but tayeong could sense he too had a soft spot for the young lee.

perhaps it was even more than that.

"escort him to his new room."

the leader's raspy voice seemed to jer the boy out of his trans, his eyes widening as he stared franctically at the man before him. the cold hand had retracted from his cheekbone, his skin still covered in goosebumps as his mind and heart recovered from shock.

"what? fucker, let me go-"

the sentence got caught in his throat literally as taeyong's hand- the one previously brushing against his cheek and causing him gay panic- gripped around it and started squeezing with immense strength.

"i thought i told you what happens to courageous people like yourself."

everyone watched the exchange in silence, no one moving a finger to help the boy. jaemin couldn't help himself as his eyes travelled towards the male, heart clenching as he watched jeno desperately trying to pry taeyong's hands off him but to no avail.

he was helpless.

like a rabbit caught in a trap.

fuck, he's gonna die.

jaemin felt his own throat close up at the thought, breaking out in cold sweat as he was unable to act. he froze.

i have to do something before it's too late.

"taeyong."

silence.

"stop it."

a gruff voice called out, body unmoving as he stared into the man's vicious eyes with a gaze ten times colder.

"f-fuck y-you-"

jeno wheezed out, refusing to beg for his life like a helpless bitch as he liked to put it. taeyong's eyes seemed to darken more if it was even possible. he watched the younger squirm in his hold, loving the feeling it gave him.

power.

dominance.

thrill.

he wanted to destroy the male before him.

shatter his will and make a killer out of him.

just a little more-

"fuck, you're gonna kill him!"

jaehyun screamed, throwing himself at the leader as he pushed him against the wall. the two stared at each other for a second, breaths uneven as the rest of the room listened to jeno wheeze out in relief.

the boy stared dead ahead, eyes franctic and red as he clucthed his neck. jeno let his fingersy graze softly against his windpipe, almost sure the man had left markings on his once untainted skin.

"i think it's best if you go."

taeyong called out, brushing jaehyun off of him before walking back to his desk.

"and know your place from now on."

in all this commotion, no one even noticed renjun slipping out of the room.

face ridden with pain as bitter tears cascaded down his pale cheeks.

would you guys be interested in a markno fanfic? idk i thought about publishing one after i finish this book.

or maybe even sooner...
it's like an enemies to lovers story where they're both f-boys ig