54

"WHERE IS SHE?!"

"WHERE IS SHE?!"

jeno roared through the halls, eyes blown wide as he pushed through the crowd of members all crammed into the hallway. his mind was buzzing as he collided with a mass of people, ignoring the sound of taeyong's voice as he ran after him.

"WHERE IS MY SISTER?"

once again, no one responded. all heads bowed down as he passed by them, afraid that one wrong move could mean instant death. and if his temper was even an ounce similar to his older brother's, everyone was fucked.

it didn't take long for jeno to reach the infirmary, guessing that she would be there. his heart palpitated as his hand grabbed the handle, shaking uncontrolably before he finally grew the balls to open the damn door.

and the picture he saw that day, painting the infirmary with pain and regret, was one he would carry to the grave.

jeno was met with the sight of depressed faces, all looking towards him with—

no.

nononono...

he repeated in his mind as he caught sight of his sister laying on the bed, looking as beautiful as ever despite her pitiful state.

immediatly, he ran to her.

"yeeun."

he spoke.

"wake up, yeeun. come on."

he took her hand into his, squeezing tight as he urged her to move.

"open your eyes, please."

he begged, feeling his eyes burn with tears as she remained unmoving.

but her hand was still warm.

"come on, yeeun, stop fucking with me!"

he cried out, voice breaking as he called her name a thousand times.

"jeno-"

"NO! STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!"

he screamed, causing the entire room to flinch. the man's eyes travelled to the heart monitor next to the bed.

a flat line was all that met his gaze.

"stop playing, come on."

he cried, shaking her lifeless body once again as all everyone else did was watch.

"it's no use, jeno."

his heart stopped as he felt taeyong place his hand on top of his shoulder.

he ignored his words at first, convincing himself his brother was wrong. all of them were wrong.

"you came back into my life once, yeeun. you can do it again, please just— just open your eyes okay?" he pressed further.

"jeno, that's enough!" taeyong yelled, his own tears finally falling as he realised his sister wasn't waking up.

"SHUT UP! SHUT THE FUCK UP, OKAY? I CAN'T FUCKING LOSE HER, DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!

the younger fucking bellowed, not wanting to admit what he knew was true.

"i'm sorry."

was all taeyong needed to say for the other to break down completely.

"please, come back i-"

"i just got you back."

but his pleading was for nothing.

lee yeeun was gone. forever this time.

── 💧 ──

"jeno, i'm begging you to reconsider."

"there's nothing to reconsider, jaemin. someone killed my sister and i'm gonna find that bastard and defile him. simple."

the noirette spoke as he neared his brother's office, unfazed by the fact that he just threatened to torture snd murder someone in cold blood. his eyes were void of any emotion at all, the only thing apparant in those dark irises a thirst for blood.

revenge.

"you're not thinking straight, please."

"i've never been so sure of something in my life, jae."

"declaring an all-out gang war on fucking LUX isn't exactly something one does when they're thinking straight."

renjun retorted.

"the war started when those motherfuckers decided to drop a bomb on the building my sister was in which caused a shrapnel to wedge itself into her heart until she fucking bled out."

wow.

was all the pair could muster up inside their minds as they watchd their lover spiral out of control.

"now, if you'll excuse me."

jeno spoke, swiftly entering taeyong's office.

"i have a murderer to find."

and he slammed the door right in their faces.

── 💧 ──

"thank God you're here."

taeyong spoke, walking behind his desk as jeno approached him. the noirette's hands were stuffed inside his pockets, hair unkept as he struggled to even get up the last few days.

it had been a full week since yeeun died, her funeral held the day after.

the entire time jeno was standing still, eyes staring into her grave as he stood alongside his brother.

"got anything?"

he questioned the equally tired looking leader.

"actually, yes."

pause.

"but i need you to promise not to go on a fucking killing spree as soon as i say what i have to say."

"i'm not making promises i can't keep."

"jeno." the older sighed.

"fine." he grumbled. "just tell me."

"i think i know who's behind yeeun's death."

final chapter ready to go