Chapter 2

Nayyirah 

We all stand outside saying our goodbyes to Taylor and Kaine.
" I want to give you something before I leave," Taylor's right hand glows. She place it on Niome's chest," this should give you the extra strength you need." Gold markings appear in her chest then move to her neck. Taylor turns to me holding my hands," this should give you the voice of reason." The marking goes to my palms. 
" I'll call you when we get there." Taylor gives us a final hug before getting in the passenger seat. We watch as they drive off," let's go to the office and talk about this mission to the fairy kingdom." Daphne walks to the mansion with us following. Niome looks to the ground whipping her tears. I wrap my arms around her," we will be okay. Taylor is just a call away." She sniffs," I know but I never thought we would be apart."
 " Mimi we are royals. We were eventually going to separate from Taylor but she'll always have our back." She nods her head," you're right." Daphne opens the door letting us walk in first. Daphne was over to the other council members that were seated at the table.
 "Good morning, ladies, we are here to discuss the upcoming trip to the fairy Kingdom." I listen intensely and they spoke," Princess Nayyirah you will be going with two guards,Noah and Ryan. We have been in contact with King Oisín and he's allowing you to stay in the castle as a guest.

 Princess, you are only there to visit the village of the dead bodies and determine if an immortal was responsible. After that you are to return back here where we will send an assassin to find the person involved." Fred looks at me," do you understand Princess Nayyirah?" 
" Yes, council member Fred." 
" Good, they are expecting you in the next couple of hours. Go prepare some luggage." I run out the room going up the stairs to my bedroom. This is so exciting. Who would've thought I would be going to the fairy kingdom? I go to my clothes grabbing my suitcase and throwing it in the middle of the walk-in closet.
 "What season is it in the Fairy Kingdom?"
 " It's always spring or summer over at the fairy Kingdom," I turn to Grace standing in the doorway.
 " Thanks," I grab short sleeve shirts, shorts and pants. 
" Let me help you," Grace helps me fold my clothes. For a couple of minutes, we fold in silence," Nay you sure about this?" 
" Yes, Grace," I grab her hands.
" This is where Mimi belongs but not me. I want to venture out into the world." She nods," I know you want to be part of the action." We finish packing and move my bags in the hallway," looks like you're all set." 
"Yeah," I look down at my couple of bags. 
" Wait right here. I'll be back," Grace goes down the hall. What is she doing? I lean against the wall waiting for her.
After a few minutes, Grace walks back down the hall. 

" You might need this," she stands in front of me, opening a case. Two gold chains lay in it with grey marble rocks hanging from them. 
" These are protection rocks. They'll fight off any harmful magic." Grace pulls one out and place it around my neck," thank you." She smiles, fixing it around my neck," let's go down stairs." We grab my bags then go down the steps. Fred, Mimi and two unknown males, which I'm assuming are Noah and Ryan, standing at the bottom of the stairs.
 " Princess Nayyirah this is Noah." I shake hands with Noah. He's tall with an  athletic built and brown hair," nice meeting you." I smile and he nods.
 " And this is Ryan," we shake hands. 

Ryan is shorter than Noah with a thin built and short length blonde hair.
 " Nice meeting you Princess." 
" Nice meeting you too," I smile.
 " Grab your bags, we need to get to the clearing to open the portal." Ryan and Noah sling their book bag over their shoulder. Do I have too much? I look at my suitcase and duffle bag.
 " Let me grab this," Ryan grabs the duffle bag from Grace while Noah grabs my suitcase. We walk out the castle to the clearing in silence. We stop in the middle of the clearing. Where is it?  I look around for the portal. Fred walks over to me," remember Princess that you're only there to investigate and bring the information back then i'll send a team." 
" I understand," what more does he want me to say?

A gust of wind blows past us as a purple circle appears a few feet away from us. 
" What's that?" 
" The portal," Fred yells over the wind. The circle starts to expand showing a forest.
 " The portal doesn't stay open for very long. You need to hurry."  Ryan and Noah go through the portal first. 
 " Nay," Mimi pulls me into a hug.
" Be careful," she pulls back.
" I will," I smile pulling out of her embrace. I walk to the portal as Ryan and Noah wait on the other side. I stop and look back for a brief moment before stepping through. My feet land on the other as the portal disappears.

 " Princess Nayyirah, we are here to lead you to the kingdom." Three men stand in front of me each with purple bands on their forearms.
 " Thank you," we follow them through the forest. Huge trees surround us with flowers on each if the.. Butterflies, dragonflies, birds and other beautiful insects fly around us. The sky holds a beautiful combination of blue, pinks and lavender. At the end of the forest the town appears. A path led us to town, it was like old times meet technology. Cottages, stone and brick houses on either side of the street. Fairies walk the streets with phones and other electronics in their hands.Children play with each other in the street. Magic fills the air, giving me a fuzzy feeling I never felt before. The walk through town was peaceful beside the constant stares our way. 

The castle sits behind the many shops and houses. The mere beauty of the castle has me in aw. The grey and lavender mix make it this unique beautiful color. We walk across the bridge to the castle. The guards stand on either side of the door shirtless with swords. The huge doors open letting us walk in the castle.
 "This way to the throne room," they lead us down the hall. The hall is filled with statues and paintings lining the walls. We stop at the closed golden doors. The two of our escorts push open the doors. The marble floors shine, bay windows stretch on both walls, chandeliers hang from the ceiling and collineders. Two gold thrones sit against the wall in one chair sits King Oisín. 

He sits with power and confidence radiating off him. Orange hair sits on the top of his head and beard. His green eyes sparkle against his white skin making him look like a god in his white button up shirt and black dress pants.I move my eyes to the chair next to his, Queen Samaria. Sandy brown hair against her cocoa skin complexion makes her glow. Her long flowy hair with her heart shaped face makes her a goddess wearing a long lavender dress.
 " I would to introduce Princess Nayyirah of the Immortal Kingdom." I curtis, " you don't have to do that dear," Queen Samaria say. I stand up straight," thank you for coming on such short notice," King Oisín says. 
" It's not a  problem. I'm here to help in anyway I can."