chapter 54

" Sebastian, I'm giving you a choice to save everyone. Give me the power or they will all die. It's up to you." Sebastian looks over at me then looks around us at everyone fighting. Vampires and fairies body litter the ground," take her Ashley."  Sebastian's wings start to flap and he flies to the fight." Come on princess," Ashley grabs me. " No," I break out of her hold. " Princess," she calls my name. Sebastian lands on the ground and Miracle starts shooting fairy dust at him. He buckles to his knees," we need to leave." Ashely grabs my shoulder and turns me to her," no. They need help." " I have orders to follow." "  My orders overrule everyone else. We need to help fight." I shrug out of her hold and jog around the wall, fairies struggle to fight the vampires.

 I throw fireballs hitting two vampires in the back. Ashley runs past me with her sword in her hand slicing through vampires.  She turns to me," this will be the only time I disobey orders regarding your safety." " Understood," we go around the wall helping the fairies. I look over the wall to see more vampires come," shit how many do they have?" What am I going to do to stop them? I look over at Ashley, she heals a fairy. She's a little busy, I look back at the herd of vampires running towards us. I need a huge blast like in the forest. I get on the edge of the wall," what are you doing princess?" Ashley runs over, I step off the wall," no!" 

As I fall down to the ground I use my spirit power. I landed on the ground like it was a cloud, that went better than I thought. I change back and start walking to the herd. I let the energy of the flames build up as the vampires get closer. I grit my teeth trying to keep the blast contained with each step.  With each passing second, the vampires get closer. I stop just as the first couple jump at me releasing the blast. The flames make a protective barrier around me instantly burning the few vampires. The vampires screech as the blast moves outward. I watch as everyone in its path turns to dust. After a few seconds the flames disappear, the grass is filled with piles of ashes. A few vampires closer to the forest  stand there in shock then run back into the forest. 

Loud cheers are heard behind me. I turn around to see the fairies jumping up and down. Ashley nods at me before gathering all the fairies to the other side of the wall. I run around the castle to the front. Vampires scale the castle, I throw fireballs knocking them down. I look across the mope, Noah, Ryan and Sam are each taking on a small group of vamps while Sebastian is fighting Miracle and Tristan. Huge boulders and spears slice through  the air hitting some of the vamps. The stones that fell off the castle build up in the mope making a path to get across. I jump from rock to rock when a dark mist stops a few feet from me. I stand straight up on the stone staring at the mist. This must be Kyle, the mist disappears and white man with blonde hair stands a few feet from me.

He smiles at me," it's my honor to meet the princess that killed my friend." He was working with the other immortal. " What do you want Kyle?" He laughs," to kill you, your sister and Taylor." He dashes at me as darkness surrounds me, I stand still trying to listen. "Ahh," something slices me from behind. I turn around trying to see through the darkness. " Ahh," I get sliced again. " Princess, what's the matter," he chuckles. Don't listen to him. You need to focus. I slowly keep turning," you think constantly moving will keep me from hitting you?" In a matter of seconds, I get cut across my stomach and up my chest. My knees buckle and I drop to the ground. I muster up as much fire energy as I can, letting a small blast go. The darkness still surrounds me," you thought that was going to do something."

 He laughs," I'm the darkness. I can hide anywhere and not get touched." Guess I'm going to have to change tactics. I struggle to stand on my feet, let's hope this works. I switch to spirit powers, just as my body slowly becomes invisible. I get cut again on my left arm," shit." I look to my left only seeing darkness. " I've been waiting for you to use your spirit power." A dark figure steps out in front of me," now the real fight begins." I'm breathing heavily, I need to end this quickly before I bleed out. I charge at him, the darkness swirls around his hand. A sword appears and he smiles at me," lets see what you can do." As he swings the sword, strains of darkness move around the sword,I just dodge the hit.

" Come on little princess," he stalks to me. I move back keeping distance between us. I need to do something. I start breathing harder," any second now you'll pass out. What are you going to do?" With each step Kyle takes, he swings the sword. After a few minutes of me dodging, I can barely move my feet. Sweat slides down my face and I'm having trouble catching my breath. " It looks like you can't fight anymore," Kyle slowly walks over to me dragging the sword on the ground. He stops in front of me," I'll make sure this is fast." He raises the sword above his head," just know that your sister will be next to go." " No," I hold my hands in front of me. The desperation to stop causes shooting white light to come from my hands. It hits Kyle, knocking him to the ground.

 He gets up," now this is a fight. Light and dark which one will win."  The sword reappears in his hands, he runs towards me. I gather all the energy that I have and push it through my hands. Kyle swings his sword hitting the blast. He steps forward pushing me back, no. He can't win, I grit my teeth and step forward pushing the blast with each step. Kyle grunts," I will kill you, your sister and Taylor." He pushes his swords forward but I don't budge. For a few seconds we stay evenly matched. My arms start to wobble, come Nayyirah. I use the last of my strength causing the white light to spread everywhere. The darkness that surrounded us starts to be replaced by white. Kyle lays on the ground as his sword disappears, a hole sits in the middle of his chest. 

A relief washes over me," princess this is only the beginning." "What do you mean," I stagger over to Kyle. He coughs and wheezes," they will continue to come for your power." He gasps then stops breathing. What is he talking about? The white premiteter that surrounds us slowly falls down and the castle comes into view. The battles continue, I slowly walk across the mope when a vampire appears in front of me. She hiss crouching down before reaching out to grab me. I hold my left hand out and a small white blast comes out. It hits her in the chest causing a hole. 

She laughs as her body heals it," need more than that puny blast to kill me." She walks over me while my legs feel like  lead. The hole reappears and starts to get bigger," what did you do?" She looks down at her chest and starts to get fanatic. The hole starts to consume her body until it disappears. Good, my body drops in the water as everything around me becomes disoriented. My vision gets blurry and I struggle to breathe," princess." I hear footsteps splash in the water coming in my direction. My eye slowly closes as my body sinks into the water.