chapter 14

" We do need to get better security. With the women trying to sneak in your bed and this situation with this immortal. It would be embarrassing if something else happens in the midst of this chaos." I look over at Miracle, what does she have planned? I look across the table as Sebastian ball up his fist then releases it. 
" I'm sure that we'll be prepared for anything to come. We are a strong family," he picks his cup up and sip. 
" We sure are," Miracle smiles. I look between the two of them. There must be something going on. King Oisín and Queen Samaria walk in, causing all conversations to cease. They take their seats at the head of the table. A second later, fairies come in, placing food on the table. The room is silent as we eat. The only sound is the forks hitting the plates.
 " So Sebastian, I know you're excited for the introduction in a couple of weeks." He grunts," I know there's a certain young woman that would love to accompany you to the introduction." I squeeze the fork in my hand.
 " I'm fine, aunt Miracle," Sebastian continues eating. The room goes back quite again as we finish the rest of our meal. We all leave the dining room going  to the sitting room. Everyone spreads across the room into their little groups while Sebastian stands by the windows. The king and queen stand in the center of the room. King Oisín looks around at all of us,"we have sent a letter to the Duke and Duchess, that our guests as well as Miracle, Tristan and Sebastian will be making the journey to their castle.

They should receive it in the morning. Pack your bags tonight and get a good night of sleep. The journey is a long one." I nod my head from my seat in front of him. "Sebastian shouldn't come since it's so close to introduction. You won't want him to get hurt," Miracle speaks up.
" Sebastian is capable of taking care of himself," King Oisín sits down in a chair next to Queen Samaria. Miracle close her mouth, what's with her? An older fairy pushes a cart  into the sitting room and she stops on the side of the couch. She pours the thick purple liquid into cups then pass them out.
 " Thank you," I smile taking it from her. After she passes  out the last cup she leaves.  Everyone sips their drink and light conversation starts.

 I take a sip then look towards the window. Sebastian looks out the window sipping his drink. Our eyes catch each other in the reflection of the window.
 " Princess Nayyirah," I look in King Oisín's direction," yes."
" The Duke and Duchess follow the way of the old times. Don't take their unwelcoming as a reflection of the rest of us."
" I won't as long as you don't do the same for us."
 " I'll agree to that," he smiles. 
" Nayyirah, that dress is beautiful on you. If I didn't know any better I would have thought you were a fairy," Queen Samaria says. I laugh," I don't think I would have fit in here." She waves me off," trust me you would have had all the boys lining up at your door." 

We laugh," what are you women talking about?" Sebastian stands by his mother," I was telling Nayyirah with that dress on she could pass for a fairy and have all the boys lined up at her door." In a blink of a seconds Sebastian's face goes grim then back. If I wasn't looking at his face you won't have seen the facial changes. 
" Yeah the color purple looks lovely on her mother." Queen Samaria smiles up at him. What was that? Did he feel the mate bond? Sebastian and his mother start talking. No, he would have said something by now. 
" Nayyirah," I look at them.
" What did you say?" 
" We were saying that this would be a good journey to see other places in the fairy world." 
" Yes,it would be," I sip my drink. 

After a few more minutes of talking we all retire to our rooms. Nate, Ryan and I make it to our wing and say our good nights. I close the door to my room  and take my clothes off. I put on my night clothes then get in bed. I lay in bed thinking about the trip to the Duke's castle. Most likely will be in carriages riding through the forest. Three days before I can contact Niome and Grace. I rub my hands on my face, I need to get some sleep. I flip on my side, closing my eyes. Me and Sebastian walk into the throne room holding hands. King Oisín lays in the middle of the floor with a knife in his back. We run to him when the guards surround us. The guards pull us apart," no!"

I jump out of my sleep looking around. It was just a dream. I lay back down placing my hands on my face. What could that dream mean? The king getting stabbed in the back then me and Sebastian getting pulled apart.  My hands slide down my face, it's too early for this. I flip the covers off of me before getting out of bed. I go to the bathroom and stand in front of the sink. I turn the water on and splash some on my  face. I grab the towel folded on the sink and dry my face.  I just need to get in contact with the council and they'll send reinforcements to capture the  immortal, then I can get far away from here before Sebastian figures it out. I put the towel back on the sink then take a quick shower and brushing my teeth I go back into the bedroom. 

 I change into a black shirt and shorts with my black Puma. I pack the rest of my clothes up in my bags then put them by the door. I throw my hair into a ponytail when there's a knock on the door. 
" Yes," I open the door. Nate and Ryan stand on the other side. 
" It looks like you're ready, it's time for breakfast, " Ryan shrugs as I walk out the room following them down the hall," you packed," Noah asks. 
" Yeah," I think about my dream. Who could be backstabbing King Oisín and be pulling Sebastian and me apart?  I stand in the landing as Ryan and Noah walk down the stairs. I spot Kenneth and Miracle down the hall on the other wing talking. What could they be talking about? 

I walk down the stairs to the dining room. The king and Queen are already at the table eating,"good morning."
 " Good morning, Nayyirah," Queen Samaria says. King Oisín nods his head then goes back to eating. I sit next to Noah then start putting food on my plate. A few minutes later, Orissa and Pete walk in saying good morning to us. They sit by her parents.
 " Nayyirah the Duke's castle is beautiful and their wildlife is something out of a dream. With the unicorns and smurfs," Orissa gushes. 
" I'll make sure before I leave to check it out," I smile. Tristan and Miracle walk in," good morning." Miracle looks around the table then they sit by king Oisín. 
" I'm so excited to see the Duke and Duchess.

 It's been a while since they have come by," Miracle piles food on  her plate. I focus on my food drowning out her voice. Movement across the table catches my eyes. Sebastian sits directly across from me," since everyone is here." King Oisín pushes his plate from in front of him and wipes his mouth.
 " There will be three carriages that will be taking you to the Duke's estate with two guards in each carriage. Be prepared to leave in an hour." I nod my head finishing my food.
 " Oisín, maybe you should rethink about  Sebastian coming. He should be preparing for his introduction in these coming weeks not being in danger." 
" Miracle, he will be fine. He's going and that's the end of it," King Oisín stands up and leaves.