chapter 24

Noah packs the first aid kit while Ryan stands next to me. 
" Do you need anything else Princess," Ryan asks.
 " No, I'm fine." 
" Alright, have a goodnight Princess," they leave the room. I fall back on the bed thinking about the last twenty four hours. The immortal was able to trick us with some type of glamour spell. She was able to get away and now there's tension between Miracle and Tristan with the rest of us. This is becoming so complicated. I get off the bed and change into some sleep pants and a shirt. I crawl in bed and let my mind wander until my eyes get heavy. I stand in the middle of a garden as Miracle and a man walk to a stone bench next to me.

 " What do you want Miracle?" The man looks at her," I want you to be on my side when I  take over the throne." 
" Now Miracle, we don't want to do any unsavory things." he grabs her hand.
 " If it wasn't for me doing unsavory things then you won't be here now, Julius."
 " I know and I'm very thankful for what you have done for my family but this is the royal family. People will notice and start to question where they are?"
 " Just have faith in me Julius," she smiles.
" Okay," he sighs. I watch them get up and leave the garden. I wake up to the sun shining in my face. What's with these dreams? First it was King Oisín with a knife in his back while me and Sebastian got separated.

 Now it's Miracle talking to Julius about taking over the throne. She's the one behind all this but we need to get to the portal for back up. I take a deep breath as all this information swirls around my head. " Princess," a knock at the door.
 " Yes," I get out of bed and go to the door. I open it to see Ryan stand on the other side.
 " Good morning Princess," he smiles. 
" Good morning, Ryan. Is there something you want?" 
" Just making sure you're up and how did you sleep?" I smile," great, I'll be out in an hour." He nods then turns around. I close the door going straight to my bags. I'm running out of clean clothes. Hopefully tomorrow we'll be able to get in contact with the council. I pull out a pair of underwear and a bra along with  black top and shorts.

 I go in the bathroom loving the peach and white theme.  The tub was a very old one where you lean back and take a nice relaxing bath. Only if I had time and didn't have this cut. I quickly use the bathroom making sure not to get my bandage wet. I get dressed then put my dirty clothes in my bag. I slip my feet in my shoes then walk out the room. The hallway is empty, I take my time looking at all the paintings on the wall and the vases on small tables. I stopped at a family painting thatched to be taken when Sebastian was three, maybe four and Orissa was a baby. King Oisín and Queen Samaria sit in the center holding the kids. 

Tristan stands behind his brother and a young version of Mrs. Betty stands behind Samaria.
" This was a magnificent day. Samaria gave birth to Orissa a couple days ago. Oisín conquered the beast that's been destroying all over the fairy kingdom. This was before Tristan mated that witch." I look over at Betty as she smiled at the painting," let's go get some breakfast before you get back on the road." 
" Yes," I smile. She wraps her arm around mine and we walk down the hall. 
" So I heard that you and your sister were fighting in the war as well," we walk down the stairs.
 " Yes,we were." 
" It had to be tough. If you don't mind me asking what is your power?"
 " No, it's fine. I'm an element and I can use fire."

 "Really," she looks at me surprised. 
" Yes," I chuckle.
 " You're a strong young lady." We stop at the bottom of the stairs," thank you."
 " You should be good for Bash. He doesn't need some push over girl that's blinded by the crown on his head." She drags me out the foyer," what are you talking about?" 
" You and Bash bridging the fairies and the immortals."
" Mrs. Betty I don't know about that. He should be looking for a mate amongst the fairies. Not with me."
" Fairies traveled from all over since he turned fifteen and none were his mate. Even males tried." I laugh at the thought of another Male  approaching Sebastian. We walk into the dinning room as different aromas hit my face. 

My stomach growls," it seems like you are hungry." 
" Yeah," we walk to the table. Tristan and Miracle sister the end of the table while Sebastian sits in the center. 
" Good morning," Ms. Betty releases my arm and walks over to Sebastian. They hug then she moves to Tristan and Miracle. I take a seat across from Sebastian," morning," I avoid his eyes. I start to pile my plate," good morning. How did you sleep?"
 " Great, how about you," I pick my fork up. " Good," he eats. Footsteps are heard from the hallway," Princess there you are," Noah and Ryan walk into the dinning room. They stand next to me," is there something wrong?" 

" No, you weren't in your room when we went." They sit in the empty seats next to," I  was fine, Mrs. Betty showed me around." They nod their heads as they fix their plates. Mrs. Betty sits next to Sebastian," great nephew how have you been?"
 " Good auntie, what about you," he sips his drink. 
" I've been fabulous but I would be better if I could get more visits." I smile at their interaction," after we get Nayyirah back home and the introduction is over. I'll spend the day with you." Mrs. Betty's face lights up," I'll be waiting." Breakfast goes by fast and we start packing our bags back into the carriages. Mrs. Betty stands outside of her house," have a safe trip." Miracle,Tristan and Sebastian hug her then go to their carriages. 

I stop in front of her," thank you for letting us stay the night."
 " You  welcome sweetie," she pulls me into a hug.
 " Watch your back. The Duke and Duchess want power and will do anything to get it," she whispers in my ear. I nod my head pulling back," thank you." I get in my carriage and we start to move. I sit besides Noah while Ryan sits across from us," thank the lord one more day in the carriage. I can't wait to get out of here. If we were back in our realm we would have been there in a day tops." Ryan struggles to get comfortable in the seat," are  you cranky?" He looks at me," yes, if you must know. This is ridiculous. We couldn't get better accommodations." I laugh listening to him fuss.

 " Shut up you big baby," Noah says. Ryan gives him a dirty look before settling in the seat. I look out the window as we drive down the cobblestone road back into the forest. A chill goes up my back, something is about to happen. I keep my eyes focus out the window," do you see something?" Noah looks out the window with me," no just had a chill. The weather must be changing." 
"Let's hope it can hold off until we get to our destination." Thunder cracks above us," you just had to jinx us," Ryan looks at Noah. Rain starts to pour down heavily and the carriage moves slower. The ground must be too soft. I look out the window as lightning flashes and a dark shape of a woman in a tree appears.