chapter 48

Nayyirah 

I ended up losing the guards in the forest. I lean against a tree caughting my breath. Damn, there are vampires and fairies everywhere. I need to get back to the castle and figure out what's going on. Why are the vampires here and who let them in, I hear a branch snap. My palms instantly light up and my body starts to fade away. " He said that she went in this direction." I step around the tree I was leaning on," lets hope she's not hurt by these fuckikg leeches." Four bodies come into view, who are they looking for? A short woman and buff man stands in my line of vision," how are we going to find her?" " I have to do everything," a tiny fairy flies above them. I take a closer look to notice it is a child. He moves his hand in a circle and fairy dust starts to swirl around his hand.

 The fairy dust shoots out going past the buff man and girl. Shit, it's heading towards me. I start running," Nayyirah," someone calls my name then footsteps start to chase me.  I zig zag past  trees, "princess," Ryan is running alongside me. I stop and look at him in shock," how did you get back here?" " Taylor and Daphne talked to some exiled fairy. We used his portal." I look at the other seeing Noah. Noah walks over to us," how are you?" He looks me up and down," fine for now." "This is Sam," he points to the big man," and Ashley,"  he points to the girl. " Hey, thank you for coming to help." 

They both bow," we would do anything to protect you and your sister." They both stand up straight," thank you." I turn back to Noah and Ryan," what's going on?" " We need to get you home," Noah wraps his and around me. The little fairy boy flies above us," we need to hurry to the portal," he looks around anxiously. " I can't leave. I need to help Sebastian," I pull out of Noah's hold. He turns to me," princess, we have more pressing matters at home to worry about." " Like what," I cross my arms over my chest. " The vampires are trying to take over the  council. They want you and your sister thrown out and they're working with the fairies." Everything starts to make sense," this was all set up to kill me and take over the immortals." 

They all look at me," we need to go back to the castle and help them fight off the vampires then we can ask them for help." " We would have only a day before the vampires in our realm come for us." " We need to go right now," I look at everyone. " This is crazy. I didn't sign up for this," the little boy said. " No, but you are here to help  navigate us until we get back home," Ryan tells him. " Don't intimidate him," I walk over to him. " What's your name?  He looks at me," Roger," he says quietly. " Roger,  we are going to protect you until we go back to our realm." He nods," good, can you lead us back to the castle?"  He nods then starts to fly and we follow him. " Keep your eyes open for them leeches," Ryan says.

Roger flies a few feet above us with me in the cent and everyone else circling around me. Ryan and Noah behind me while Sam and Ashley in front. A long sword is strapped on Ashley's back, she must be a healer.  I look closer at Sam and see markings in his arms, an element. We have a solid team with each of us having a different ability. The forest is silent giving off an eerie feeling. A snapping of a branch to our left makes us stop," get ready," Ryan whispers. " Look what we find," a male vampire, with long blonde hair  wearing a black collar shirt, jeans and shoes, sets out from the trees. " The princess of the immortals and her guards," more vampires start to come out and surround us. There's at least twenty of them,  the markings on my arms start to light up. The vampires start to move closer and Roger starts to whimper. 

I look at him trying to send positive energy to him," now give us the princess and the rest of you can go unharmed." " I think we'll fight this out," the markings on Ryan's  neck start to light up. The rest of us follow suit," get high in the trees, Roger." His little wings start flapping as he struggles to go higher. The vampires start to hiss and circle around us," we  don't want that boy. It's like a baby prey teasing a tiger." " More like a kitten," Ryan says. They all stop and snap their heads in his direction," such words from a weak looking man." The vampire in all black step closer to Ryan," you should see for yourself if I'm weak or not." Ryan smirks and the vampire mimics the same expression.

A brief second goes past and everyone starts charging at each other. Four vampires surround me, fire balls start to form in my hands as one lunges at me. I swing, smacking him in the face with the fireball. He yells while the flames take over his face and in seconds his body. The other three look at me hesitantly before they start to approach. There's one on my right, left and facing me. What do they have planned, they all run at me at the same time. I take both hands and push fire out of my hands while moving my hands around me. I hit one while the other two run around me. I start throwing fireballs again, I only see one. Where's the other one? " Got you," arms wrap around from behind. The other one stops running and steps closer to us. I let go of my fire element and tap into the spirit. " Let's get her out of here," the vampires talk to each other, not paying attention to me. 

My body disappears in his hold," what the fuck." He looks at me surprised," they've said she only had one power." " Thank the ultimate power for this gift," I reach my hand through his chest and grab his heart. I turn my body back to normal and release my fire element. He starts to fall to ashes around my hand. I look behind me at the last vampire. He looks at me for a second before running. I chase behind him running into the middle of Ashley's fight. The vampire that was fighting me joins the other three that's fighting Ashley. I stand next to her," you okay?" I look at her and she nods, holding her sword in her hand. The four vampires circle around us," put your back against mine."

 I move around Ashley and the vampires watch us closely. They step forward hissing at us but move back just as quickly. " This is getting irritating," Ashley says. Sweat starts to drip from my body, we need to kill them before they run away. I glance up at the sky, it should be morning soon.  One of the vampires grab me and I make a fireball with the same hand, blasting him. The others attack us, me and Ashley keep our backs to each other while fighting. As we fought I could hear Ashley's  sword slicing through skin and blood would splatter on the ground. She's good,  one of the vampires grabs me and I switch to spirit mode and slip through his hold. He stumbles a few steps before gaining his footing. I change back and start punching and kicking him. 

I throw a fireball and it lands on his chest. A female vampire runs up to me and knocks me to the ground. She slices me across the chest sending excruciating pain through my body. She wraps her hand around my neck and hisses in my face. I watch as her fangs elongate when something swift goes across the vampire's neck. The head falls off and Ashley stands behind the body. I get up wiping the ashes off," that looks bad." Ashely puts her sword up and walks over to me. She presses her hand to my chest and a heating sensation goes through my body. After a few seconds she pulls her hand back, I look down and my chest is completely healed. " Thank you," she nods.