Chapter 3

" We'll let you get settled in tonight. Tomorrow the guards will take you to the spot where the attacks took place and to the victims."
 " Okay, thank you for your hospitality."
 " You're welcome. Dinner will be served in a few hours. Take your time to explore the castle and village." 
" I will sir,"I bow before turning around. We follow our escorts out the tune room as another set of people come. 
" You will be in the west wing," we walk up the golden staircase. We stop at the top of the landing as a huge picture of the fairy king  and his family.
 " Who are the other two," I stare at the painting.
 " Prince Sebastian and Princess Orissa."  Orissa has her mother's features but a caramel complexion and reddish brown hair color. 

Sebastian is a twin to his father but a caramel complexion with orange curly hair. We walk the left staircase down the hall. 
" These are your bedrooms," he points to the three rooms next to each other.
 " Each room has its own bathroom and farther down the hall is a sitting room. There's a pound out back if you want to go swimming. I'll be up to grab you for dinner."
 " Thank you."
 " You're welcome," he says before walking down the hall. I open the door in front of me, this is beautiful. The room is  painted  blue and white with an enormous bed in the center. I walk  farther in the room running my hands across the dresser at the hand carved fairies and flowers. A chair sits in the corner of the room, " princess." 

I turn around," yes." 
" What do you want us to do?" 
" After we get settled in our room then we can venture around." 
" Okay," Ryan and Noah leave me in the bedroom only. I open  the door on the left side of the room to a huge walk in closet. I close the door going to the other door, I open  the door to a gorgeous bathroom. A tube sits on the right next to the walk in shower. They know how to live. I need to talk to the council about updating our bathrooms. I walk back into the bedroom grabbing my bags. Is dinner formal? Let me pull out a dress just in case.  I go in my suitcase digging through my clothes until I grab a black dress. I put it on the bed then go in the duffle bag grabbing some black heels. I leave my room knocking on Nate and  Ryan's room. 

They come out of their rooms," ready?" 
" Yeah," we walk back down the hall to the first floor. We stand at the bottom of the stairs.We came from there already. I walk to the left side of the staircase down the hall. Fairies litter the hall, some flying and others walking. I stare at their wings, clear with a light blue or purple outlining them. I stumble into someone," sorry." 
" Princess," Ryan and Noah grab my arms pulling back.
 " It's okay Princess, " she bows then picks her basket up.
 " Can you help us?" 
" Sure, what can I do for you?"
 " We want to see the pound in the back."  " Yes, just follow me," she smiles. 

We follow her down the hall," this hall leads to the kitchen and the  guards' living space."
 " Okay," I look at the old wooden doors. 
" Here's the kitchen," she pushes open the door. Fairies bustle around the chaotic kitchen.
 " You see the other door over there," she points.
 " Yes," I look over where the stove, oven and  frigidaire are at the door in the corner. " That hall takes around the other side of the castle back to the front. 
" Okay," I nod. She places her basket down," come this way." We walk to the back of the kitchen," here you go." She opens the door," the pound is in the forest. Follow the path into the forest. It will  lead you to it."
 " Thank you," we walk past her out the door. 

" It's my pleasure Princess." I can't get used to that. We follow the cover stone path into the forest.
 " This is crazy," I watch as tiny fairies fly past us releasing fairy dust. A Gazebo sits to the right of us with a woman and different types of animals sit around her while she plays the flute. We walk farther down to see the edge of the pound. The water is crystal blue with lily pads and flowers. I walk closer to the pounds getting mesmerized. I look down into the water at the many fish and other sea life. Two huge shadows zip across the pound," what the fuck." I step back," what's wrong Princess?" Noah and Ryan stand beside me," there's something huge in the pound." 

They look at each other then step to the pound when two figures emerge from the water. One was Princess Orissa while the other was a man. His long back hair sticks to the side of his face with his ocean blue eyes. I get lost in his eyes," Princess." 
" Princess Nayyirah," I hear my name being called but I kept walking towards him.
 " Pete stop," he blinks his eyes, breaking the spell he has me under.
 " You're one of the Royal immortals," she gets out the pound. She wears a blue cloth top and bottoms. A purple tattoo goes up the right side of her body
." I'm Orissa, the daughter of King Oisín," she holds her hand out. 
" Nice to meet you. I'm Nayyirah," I shake her hand. 
" This is Ryan and Noah, my guards '' they bow. 

" This is Pete," she points behind her.
" Hi," I wave at him. He smiles at me then pulls himself out of the pound. A huge green tail appears behind him, mermaid. My eyes go wide as his body convulse as his tail  changes into feet. After a few minutes he stands up. I turn around," sorry about glamming you." 
" That's what you call it?"
 " Yeah," he laughs. 
" Pete go put some clothes on." A few seconds later, footsteps retreat," he's gone." I turn around," you mind if I ask you about the murders?" 
" Not at all," she grabs a towel off a rock on the side of the pound.
" Did you know any of the victims?" She dries off," yes. One was Tiffany, she works with fairy dust. Marty, he was one of the people that monitor the portals." 

I nod my head, fairy dust and portals. What do they have in common?
 " Were Tiffany and Marty close?" 
" Not that I know of. You would need to ask their family and family."
 " Thanks," I need to find how they are connected. Noise from the bushes makes us all look. Pete comes through with pants on and a towel over his shoulders. He stands by Orissa," what are yall talking about?" 
" The reason that brought me here."
 " Oh," he clears his throat. 
" Pete you're a mermaid?" 
" No, a siren but close." 
" Okay, what are you doing here in the fairy kingdom?" He laughs," our families are very close. I come and stay every few months."

 " That's nice, mini vacation." We all chuckle," we should hurry back to the castle for dinner." We follow Orissa down the path," this is a very beautiful place." 
" Thanks, the fairy kingdom is it's own fantasy," Orissa smiled looking at the sky. We walk through the back door into the busy kitchen. We rush out of the kitchen into the hallway," what are they cooking?" "Just dinner, " Orissa looks back at us.
" That's a lot of food just for dinner," I whisper. We make it to the bottom of the stairs," do you remember where your rooms are?" 
" Yes," I tell Orissa. We all go up the stairs while Pete and Orissa take the right stairs after making it to the landing and we go take the left staircase.