chapter 46

"Now calm down, everything will be taken care of." " What do you mean calm down? My father has just been stabbed in the castle. There's vampires attacking us and  you are  hunting down Nayyirah. For what reason?" Screams are heard from outside. " We have to protect the castle," we all rush out of the room and  castle. Vampires attacking fairies as they run for shelter. Chaos is everywhere, guards on top of the castle shooting arrows while guards on the ground swing their swords. " Raise the bridge," Kenneth yells. Two guards run to the side of the bridge and start rowing the bridge up. Kenneth turns to me, " Prince Sebastian, you should get in the castle." " No, I'm going to fight." My wings start to flap," Sebastian, this is no playing matter. You need to be in the castle."

  My wings move faster picking me off the ground," your right. Get the rest of the men over the bridge and fight off these vampires." I fly to the other side and start throwing fairy dust. Vampires fall to the ground while the other fairies chop their heads off. I pick up a child," you okay?" He nods and I fly to the other side of the bridge and hand the child to Kenneth. " Take care of him," I fly back to the other side. As the fight goes on, fairies drop but the few of us keep fighting. Sweat forms on my forehead and my body grows tired. It seems that they are getting stronger for drinking from us. I throw more fairy dust but it doesn't seem to work.

We just need to hold out just a little more. I drop to the ground and grab one of the swords off the ground. A vampire stops a few feet from me and stares before coming straight at me. I hold the sword tight waiting for the right moment. My fairy dust travels up my arm to the hilt of the sword. The Vampire reaches its arms out to me when the fairy dust swirls around the sword. I make a slight move to the right and swing the sword cutting the head off the vampire. As it falls to the ground it disintegrates. The surrounding vampires stop and look at me, fuck. I make no movement while I keep my eyes on them. They drop the bodies in their hands and all head to me. I steel my resolve as they all head in my direction. I force all my fairy dust to the sword taking deep breaths. I get myself in position when  something metal flies throw the air slicing through two vampire's  throats. 

The rest stop and look around, where did that come from? Four figures walk up the road, two vampires move towards me and the rest run down the road. The closer vampire reaches I out to grab me and I swing through sword cutting its arms off then cutting its neck off. The second vampire runs in a different direction, I tighten my grip on the sword as I look around taking small steps to the left and right. Don't fall for it. He's trying to get you paranoid and make a mistake. I do a 360, where did he go? Faint footsteps are behind me and I swiftly turn the sword around stabbing it. Turn around and pull the sword up through its stomach to the tip of its head. 

The vampire turns to dust. I hear more footsteps and I turn around seeing Ryan and Noah with two other people. " What are you doing here," I bring the sword down. " We figured out your hint and the council sent us to get Nayyirah." Shit, " it seems that Miracle has my kingdom thinking she's the cause of all this." " Fuck, where is she," Noah ask." " She ran before the guards could capture her."  The bridge lowers to the ground and Kenneth rushes over to me. " Thank the fairies that you're alright," he looks at the minor wounds " I'm fine Kenneth," he looks over at Noah and Ryan. " What are they doing here? There's enough trouble as is. We don't need more." Guards and other abled  body fairies come across the bridge. Ryan steps forward," it seems you need our help. Fairies laying on the ground. Where's your army." 

" Look immortal," Kenneth steps in front of Ryan. " We have this under control. Get your princess and leave." Ryan smiles," with pleasure. Just know that if she's harmed. I will be back to see you," he turns around and they all walk away. " Why did you do that? They have fighting experience that we need," I turned to Kenneth. " We don't need their help. Let's get you checked out," he grabs me, pulling me towards the castle. " The rest of you scout the area and gather the bodies." We walk into the castle going to the medic room. Doctors and nurses fly around going from patient to patient. Kenneth stops a nurses," the prince needs treatment now." She looks at us," yes sir." 

" There's others that are in far worse shape than me. Tend to them first." She nods then  scurry off in the direction she was walking in before Kenneth stopped her. " What are you doing?" " Letting the severely injured get taken care of first. I won't die from my wounds. Where is my father?" " In the royal  medic room," I nod then head out the room. Kenneth follow behind me," don't you have things to command, new king?" " Prince Sebastian, it is not like that. I'm here to make sure that the right decisions are made until your father wakes. I'm not trying to steal your throne." "But you know who is," his footsteps ceased. I continue walking the halls to the private section of the castle. Everyone is running back and forth down the halls causing a lot of commotion. After five minutes I make it to the medic room, two guards stand outside the door. 

" Prince Sebastian," they bow." I nod pushing the door open, two beds and a lot of medical equipment fills the room. Dad sits in the bed with pale skin and dark circles under his eyes. Mom sits on the right side of the bed crying quietly while Orissa hugs her. I rush over to the side of the bed," what's going on?" They both jump looking at me," the knife that he was stabbed with had some type of poison on it." Mom takes a deep breathe," the doctor gave him medicine but it's up to his fighting spirit." I drop in the empty seat and let it all sink in. Someone poisoned my father. They are trying to kill him, tears start to fill my eyes.

After a few minutes, I calmed down," mom, why did Kenneth send guards after Nayyirah." She stares at me for a few moments," he was explaining how since she'd been here that bad things been happening around the kingdom." " That's a lie. Miracle has been behind this the whole time. I know she have something to do with dad getting stabbed." " We need find evidence to support that before we could bring her forth." I nod my head," someone should be talking in the next few days." The doctor comes in," Prince Sebastian," he bows. " How is my fathers," I stand up. Doctor walk around the side of the bed checking dad's heart and breathing. " He's doing better than when we first got him. It looks like you need to be tended to as well. Come to the other bed." I follow the doctor to the other side of the room and plop down on the bed. 

He grabs a few things then walks over to me. He starts cleaning the wounds on my arms," young prince as an old man I seen this play out many times." I look up to him," what do you mean?" " Someone is trying to snatch the throne from underneath you. The only way that you can stop this is to face them head on. Take charge and show the kingdom that you are ready and able to rule." He bandaged the wound then look me in the eyes," at this critical time the kingdom, young prince. Everyone is looking for guidance and if it's not the right one then the kingdom will fall." " I understand, thank you," I stand up. I walk over to ma and Orissa," I'm going to talk to Kenneth. I'll be back," I kiss both their foreheads. I look over at dad then leave the medic room.