chapter 16

Sebastian 

I watch father leave after telling us our travel arrangements. Why doesn't Miracle want me to come? I glance over at her. She sits back down and eats her food. She has something planned for Nayyirah. I need to keep her close. I glance across the table while Nayyirah keeps eating like she's not fazed by the news. She looks up and our eyes lock. A warm sensation fills my chest while we hold our gaze until she looks back down at her plate. I ignore the feeling and go back to my food. Nayyirah and her men are the first to leave. A couple minutes later, I finish and wipe my mouth. I stand up and walk over to my sister," keep an eye on Kenneth," I whisper. She nods her head while still eating. I walk out of the dining room," Sebastian." 

I look behind me as Miracle walks towards me.
 " Yes," I turn around. 
" I didn't mean to offend you." 
"You didn't," I cross my arms around my chest. 
" Right, I'm just worried that if you're too close to this issue that it will cause conflicts for your introduction."
 "I'm sure that my people know where I stand on  their safety and well being." 
" Yeah but-," I raise my hand.
 " Miracle I'm going. There's no way  I'm going to allow that immortal to ruin our kingdom." She nods then I turn around and walk down the hall. How am I going to intercept her plan for Nayyirah? I walk to my room thinking about the things that Miracle can plan. 

I open my door as a maid fills my bag with clothes. 
" Prince Sebastian," she bows. I nod walking father into my room," is there something you want me to pack?"
 " No," the fox barks, running over to me. She puts the rest of the clothes in my bag and places them at the bottom of the bed. I bend down petting him," tell the kitchen staff to prepare some treats for the fox."
 " Yes sir," she bows before leaving. I sit on the bed and pet the fox. Let's hope I can stop things in time before anything happens to Nayyirah. My chest squeezes making it harder to breathe. I place my hand over my chest when someone knocks on the door.
 " Yes," I move my hand off my chest. The door opens and mom walks in closing the door behind her. 

" My son," she walks over to me, grabbing my hands. I look her in the eyes, I see worry. 
" What's wrong, mom?"
 " I have an uneasy feeling about this," she breaks eye contact. 
" I'll be fine mom. You don't need to worry." " It's not you I'm worried about. It's Nayyirah. I've been dreaming of the two of you." 
" What type of dreams," I stand up. 
" Just that there could be a possible mating between the two of you." I shake my head not wanting to hear it," what was in the dreams?" 
" You two were fighting and she got injured very badly." The wind gets knocked out of my lungs. I take a few deep breaths before looking at her," I'll protect her." Mom puts her hand on my shoulder," I know."  She pulls me into a hug," don't let your ways be the cause of not  accepting your mate."

She kiss my cheek then pull away. Mom looks at me one more time before leaving. I drop on the bed," what am I going to do with her? She's a warrior not a princess." I look at the fox as he sits in between my legs looking up at me. I lean back following in the bed. I close my eyes taking in the news my mom told me. We need to capture that immortal fast before anyone gets hurt. As long as we keep moving it should be hard for it to attack. A knock on the door makes me sit up," come in." The maid from earlier peaks her head in," the carriages are here. Do you want me to bring  your bags down?" 
" No, I'll bring them down in a few."
 "Here are the treats," she walks in with a small bag. 

" Thank you," I take the bag. She bows then leaves the room. I lean over putting the treats in one of my bags.
" Let's go boy. It's gonna be a long journey,"  I stand up grabbing the two bags off the floor then leave. I walk down the hall then stop. Kenneth stands  at the end of the hallway next to a window. I look closely as his lips move but no one is around. I walk towards him when he turns to me.
 " Prince, you're going the wrong way. The carriages are in the front of the castle." He meets me halfway down the hall.
" Who were you talking to," I set my bags down.
 " No one. I was making sure that I had everything for the trip to the Duke's." He bends down picking my bags up," let's hurry so we don't delay the trip."

I run my tongue over my teeth then smack," okay." Kenneth scurry past me down the hall. I look back at the spot he was standing at  for a few seconds.
 " Prince Sebastian, we need to hurry." I turn around going down the hall. I follow him down the stairs and out of  the castle. Three carriages are  lined up  in front of the door.  Nayyirah and her men put their bags in the last carriage. Miracle and Tristan stand between the other two carriages," there you go Sebastian. I was thinking you should take the first one."
" No, you two should. Since you're so excited to see the Duke and Duchess." I take my bag from Kenneth then walk to the middle carriage. A guard opens the door, throw my bags on the seat, then pick the fox up and put him in the carriage. 

I look over at the last carriage as the door closes. I get in mine taking a seat next to the fox. The carriage has two benches with purple fabric. Two doors on both sides of the carriage. Behind the benches are windows covered with purple curtains. I open the curtains behind me.Orissa and Pete walk over," you almost forgot this." She holds my bow and quiver.
" Thanks," I take it from her hand. I place them on the other seat across from me. I lean out the carriage seeing Miracle direct the guards. I look down at Orissa," keep your eyes on Kenneth. Him and Miracle are up to something." She nods before stepping back. 

" Son," dad and mom stop in front of the carriage.
 "Have a safe journey. Make sure Nayyirah gets there safely."
 " I will," I nod.
 " To keep you from going crazy on the road," mom hands me a bag. 
" Thank you," I take the bag, setting it down next to me. They move to Nayyirah's carriage. After dad finished talking to Nayyirah, Miracle and Tristan. The driver whips  the reines and the horse starts to trout.  Mom, dad,Orissa, Pete and Kenneth stand in front of the castle door waving. The carriages go through the village. All the villagers stop and stare as we go by. 

The  children  run along the carriages touching them until we leave the village. We go down a dirty road through the forest. I grab the bag from the side of me and open it. There are two books, the first book is  about the introduction and the second one is about mates. I set the books down before digging back into the bag. I pull out some sweets and a small box with a note attached to it. 

I unfold the note,

 Bash take this ring. Give this to the person you want to protect the most. The ring has a protection spell placed on it. Keep it close - mom. 

 I open the box and see a simple ring. Silver, blue and purple swirl around the band with a little sapphire. I take the ring out of the box inspecting it closer. I twirl it around my fingers before squeezing in my hand. Let's hope that it doesn't come down to this.