chapter 4

" Princess,  we'll be waiting in the living room when you're ready."
 " Thank you Noah," I walk into my room. I close the door then go to my suitcase grabbing the notebook Grace stashed. I write the information that Pete and Orissa told me. I put the book back in my suitcase. I go to the bathroom and turn the shower on. I take my clothes off then get in the shower. My mind wanders to the two murders.Why would an immortal need them? What do they have in common? A man that monitors  portals and a lady that works with fairy dust. I finish washing up then get out of the shower. I dry off before going to the bedroom. I slip my dress and shoes on. I readjust my box braids into a bun. I put lip gloss on my lips then look in the mirror. This looks good, I did a little twirl then leave. 

I walk down the hall to the living room. 
" You think she's going to be able to do this?" I move a little closer to the living room, Noah it's in the chair while  Ryan stands in the middle of the room.
" It doesn't matter if she's able to determine if an immortal killed them fairies. It's to form an alliance with the fairy Kingdom." The council does not care if I figure this out. 
" Our job here is to protect her," Noah states. 
" I know, but why would they think an immortal is here killing off fairies?" Ryan waves his arm around as he speaks," that is alarming but we have our orders," Ryan nods his head.

 I wait a few seconds before walking in the living room," yall ready?" Noah gets up from the couch," yes." They both dressed in a dark color button up shirt and slacks with dress shoes. I lead them down the hallway then down the staircase. Pete and Orissa stand at the bottom of the stairs whispering to each other. Pete dresses in dark blue tunic and slacks while Orissa stands next to him in a light blue sundress. " You look beautiful," Pete smiles at me. 
" That you, you look handsome and Princess Orissa you are  beautiful as well." I walk down the last few steps standing in front of Orissa," thank you. Let's get to the dining room before mom thinks you refuse to eat." Orissa walks up to the front then turns down the second hall.

 A long table with purple, gold and white cloth covering it sits in the middle of the room. Bay windows sit on the left showing the forest. Small chandeliers sit on the wall between the windows and one hangs over the table. We all sit down as I look at the painting around the room. My eyes stop at a painting of King Oisín, an older man and a baby boy. 
" That's our grandfather," Orissa stands next to me. 
" I can see where the men get their good looks from," she chuckles. Pete and Orissa sit closer to the end of the table while Noah, Ryan and me sit in the middle of the table. A fairy flies over us, pouring a purple liquid in our cups. 
I tilt the cup over looking at it, what is this? 

I look over at Ryan and Noah as they look at it curiously. I bring it to my nose sniffing it, it smells sweet. It could be some type of wine. I bring the cup to my lips taking a small sip. The sweet taste syrup tingles my taste buds. I take another sip, almost chugging the whole cup. 
" Slow down. You don't want to choke," Pete chuckles.I put my cup on the table," I remember the first time I drank that wine. I was knocked off my ass. I couldn't move for a whole day." 
" Yeah, his limbs were like noodles," Orissa laughs. 
" What's in it," I stare at the cup. 
" Mystical berries that grow at the edge of the forest." Noah and Ryan take a sip then chug their whole cup.

 " Do immortals have the same effect?" 
" I don't know. We never saw an immortal drink it before," Orissa shrugs. Now I'm a genie pig. Queen Samaria and King Oisín walk in holding. King Oisín sits at the head of the table wearing an all white tunic and blue pants. While Queen Samaria sits at his side wearing a blue dress that matches Oisín's pants.
" I hope that your afternoon was wonderful," Queen Samaria smiles at me. " It was. I explored the forest in the back." 
" That's good. Our home is here for you to explore." 
" Thank you," fairies come in the dining room wheeling carts. They all stop at the corners of the table lifting the dishes, putting them on the table. A woman and two men walk in, taking a seat in between the king and us.

 " Princess Nayyirah, this is my brother Tristan and his wife Miracle," King Oisín points to the couple closer to me. 
" This is my trusted advisor, Kenneth."
 " Nice meeting you all," I smile looking in their direction.
 " Nice meeting you," Kenneth nods in my direction.
" Where Sebastian," Kenneth looks at Oisín. 
" He's doing some investigations of his own." Let's hope he's not going to be a pain in my ass about this.
" It's good to have our own kind involved in this. No offence princesse." 
" It's fine," I smile. 
" You know, you and your sister were a surprise to us. Since it has been a long time that you were missing," Miracle says. I hope this is not shade.
 " I would expect since everyone thought that we were dead," I pick my cup and take a sip.

" Miracle," Tristan clenches his teeth.
 " What?" 
" Nayyirah don't listen to her. She just bored in life," Queen Samaria says. 
" Let's eat," King Oisín grabs the first dish in front of him. I glance over the table, at the different types of meat, fish, vegetables, rice and mashed potatoes. I put fish, rice and some unfamiliar vegetable on my plate. The room goes quiet as we eat,"Orissa how have you been?" Miracle starts a conversation," good, how about you?" 
" Fabulous, we just came back from the mortal world. We went to Paris, I think." Miracle takes a second to think," yeah that's it. Nayyirah have you been there?" She's trying to annoy me. 
" No but I heard its lovely."

 " You must go. It's a beautiful place. Now that you're royal, you should have money at your disposal."
 " Say one more thing, Miracle," King Oisín said. The remainder of dinner she kept to herself. 
" Let's go to the sitting room and have a nightcap," Queen Samaria stands up from the table. We all follow her out of the dining room down the hallway making a right into another hallway. We walk a few rooms down before going into the sitting room. The room was a toffee brown and gold color. A huge chandelier hangs from the ceiling. Francy furniture fills the room as well as tables.
 " Have a seat," Samaria waves us to the couches. I sit in the chair by the window. Noah and Ryan sit on the closest couch next to me. Orissa and Pete sit on the love seat with Tristan and Miracle across from them.

 King Oisín and Queen  Samaria bring over a pitcher and a tray of cups. They pass drinks out while I look out the window. I look into a forest as a dark silhouette passes the grounds. What's making that shadow? I look closer, not seeing anything.
" Princess Nayyirah," I turn around as everyone looks at me.
 " Sorry, what did you say?"
" We are wondering how you are going to find this immortal?" Kenneth looks me in the eyes. 
" After I gather  all the information that I can get. I should be able to determine what powers they have then I should be able to come up with a plan to capture them." 
" That's a load of crap, " Miracle says.