Chapter 52

After a couple of minutes, we break apart  out of breath," come on mate." Sebastian reaches his hand out to me and I take it. We walk to the medical wing going straight to his father's bed. Queen Samaria and Orissa stand next to King Oisín. We stand and watch as the queen quietly speaks to the king. Sebastian clears his throat," mom." He steps closer to her, she looks over at him with tears in her eyes. " It's time for you to go." She nods, giving the king one final kiss before moving away from the bed. Sebastian wraps his arms around his mom as they walk out the room. I look over at Orissa as her eyes water, I wrap my arm through her's," it will be alright. We're going to do our best to protect the kingdom." She nods, wiping her eyes. We all walk down the hall in silence. 

Sebastian and Queen Samaria stop at the top of the stairs, she stands straighter before walking down the stairs. We go past the throne room, the kitchen to a part of the castle that I've never been to. We walk down another set of stairs, as we continue going down voices can be heard. After a few short seconds, we make it to the bottom of the stairs. Empty cells fill the cold room, fairies fill the dungeon. Queen Samaria walks through the crowd with her head held high as they part a path for her. We fall behind her to the left side of the room. The fairy generals, Ryan, Noah, Sam and Ashley stand against a wall. Queen Samaria nods at them then turns around facing the fairies. 

" I know that we are all scared, gravely injured and lost loved ones. At this time we need to look out for each other and keep each other  safe. On this journey to a safe place. We need to look forward, not backwards." She looks around the room," we are stronger together. My son along with everyone standing behind me are putting their lives on the line to fight tonight. Let's not put them in vein for not doing our part." Queen Samaria turns to Sebastian," it's time for us to go." He nods, the generals stand on each side of a wall. Their fairy dust shoots into the air hitting the wall, the wall slowly pull apart until a tunnel appears. " Follow me," Queen Samaria walks into the tunnel with Orissa then the rest of the fairies go. After they all go through, the two generals put  the wall back together. 

Everyone turns to Sebastian, his eyes are a little glossy, " let's get all the weapons passed out and everyone in their position before dawn." Everyone starts moving to the stairs. I grab Sebastian's arm, he stops and turns to me," this won't be the last time you see them." He nods, pulling me into a hug. We stay like that for a few seconds before we go up the stairs. Men line up in the hallway while Ryan and one of the generals hand out weapons. " Where are the rest of everyone?" " Some are at the slingshot together and the rest are making spears," the general says. " Looks like everything is under control."  After all the weapons are passed out, we're going outside into the forest. The general and Ryan stationed men thought out the forest. 

As we walk back into view of the castle, two slingshots are positioned on the edges of the castle's wall. " It looks like we have a solid plan going on," I stand next to Sebastian." Yeah, let's rest up until dawn," Sebastian tells everyone. They all nod and walk back to the castle," when are you going to move your dad?" " Actually, I wanted to see if Ashely can help heal him before we put him up." " Let's go ask her," I take his hand and we walk over to her. " Ashely," she's a few feet away from us. " Yes," she turns around. " Can you help the king?" She looks over at Sebastian," yes." " Thank you," he says. We all walk in the castle and up the stairs," my father was stabbed the night of the attack." We turn down the royal wings," he's stable but hasn't opened his eyes." " Do you know who stabbed him?" 

" No, we walk into the throne room and he's laying in a pile of blood, but when I do. I'll take pleasure in hurting them." A dark aura surrounds Sebastian, giving me an uneasy feeling. We walk the rest of the way to the medical wing. As we approach the king's bed, the doctor is checking his vitals. He turns and bow," prince." Sebastian waves him off," you don't need to do that. How is he doing?" " He's doing fine just having woken up." Sebastian nods," we're going to try something else," he waves Ashley to the bed. She stands next to Sebastian looking down at King Oisín," you can tell that's your father." Sebastian chuckles," thanks." The mood in the room lights," where's the wound," Ashley asks. 

" On his side," the doctor pulls the blanket that covers the king down. He moves the tunic that the king is wearing to the side. The doctor pulls off the bandage, the wound is back all around it with thick black blood vessels traveling across the king's side. " Why wasn't informed on how bad this wound was," Sebastian asked. " The queen didn't want you to know," the doctor said. Sebastian takes a deep breath then nods his head. Ashley places both her hands over the wound. her markings on her hand light up. As seconds pass the veins change from black to blue. Relief comes over Sebastian's face seeing the color around the wound change. After a few more minutes, the wound is closed and back to his pale skin color.

 " He's all done," Ashley moves her hands from the king. " Thank you," Sebastian says. " Your welcome," she nods. " I'm going to go back down with the others." " Okay," she walks out of the room. The doctor checks the king again," his breathing is doing better. He should be stable enough to move." " Good, let me go get a couple of men," Sebastian walks to the door. The doctor sits down in the empty chair by the bed," how are you doing?" He looks at me," that's the first time someone asked me." He leans back placing his hand on his chin," I guess I'm in disbelief about the turn of events." " I can agree to that." The room goes silent for a second," do you think we can defeat the vampires?" 

" I don't know for sure. It depends on how many vampires that came through the portal. We do have a plan and a line of defense. I'll say we got a fifty percent chance to win this battle." The doctor takes a few seconds to think about my answer," that's better than nothing." I lean back taking in what he said, our plan might actually work or could get a lot of these fairies killed. Sheets start to crumble, we snap out head to the bed, the king moves around on the bed. We both rush to the bed," King Oisín," the doctor says. His eyes snap open as Sebastian walks through the door. " What's going on," Sebastian runs over. Two fairies walk in behind him. " Father," he hugs the king. They embrace for a while until Sebastian backs away. " Who stabbed you?" " That's not important now. Come here son," he holds his hand out. Sebastian grabs his hand," it's my time to step down and you to rise."  

Sebastian opens his mouth but no sound comes out," now take this power and protect the kingdom." A blueish purple light comes from the king's chest and travels down his arm to his hand. The light travels to Sebastian's hand up his arm to his chest," now you have the power and strength from the kings before you."  He releases Sebastian's hand then starts coughing," father." Sebastian leans in close to the king," get some water." One of the fairies, who walked in with Sebastian, dashes to the sink and fills a cup. He runs over to the bed handing it to Sebastian. Sebastian takes the cup from him and helps his father drink.