chapter 15

Taylor

" Good job," I pat one of the pack members on the back. The last couple of days of  training has put some balance in my life.
 " Alright everyone, training is done. I'll see you tomorrow." They say goodbye and head down the hill. 
" Good training session," Derek walks over to me. 
" Yeah," I pick up the equipment off the ground. 
" You don't have to pick it up. Maya should be here to clean up in a bit." I drop it on the ground," come on let's get home. I'm hungry." Derek's stomach growls and we laugh," I hear that." We walk down the hill," Eve is making a pot roast. I've been thinking about it all day " 
" I know what you mean. Luna Crystal dropped off some stuffed chicken breasts this morning," I lick my lips and rub my stomach. Maya walks up the hill giving me a heated stare.

 When will she learn? "Maya," Derek nods as we walk past her.
" Delta Derek," she says back. We continue walking," make sure you check the trails for trash," he yells.
 " Yes, sir," Maya yells. We stop at the edge of the sidewalk," I'll see you tomorrow."
 " Good night," I say then head home. Kaine will be home in a few hours. So I'll take a quick shower then make some side dishes. I say hi to the pack members as I make it home. I walk through the door putting the keys on the table by the door then going to the bedroom. I take my clothes off, throw them in the hamper then go to the bathroom. 

After taking a hot shower, I put on leggings and a tank top. I grab my phone off the dresser then head down stairs. I go into the kitchen putting my phone on the counter then grab two pots and a baking pan from under the sink. I fill them with water then put them on the stove. I open the fridge pulling out potatoes and the container with the stuffed chicken. I  place them on the counter then open the freezer grabbing a bag of frozen broccoli. I put the chicken on the baking pan then put it in the oven at 250. The phone rings and reaches over and grab it. 
" Hello," I put it between my shoulder and ear. 
" Tay," Grace voice calls over the phone. 
" Hey girl. How are you and Mimi doing?" I grab the potatoes and rinse them in the sink.

" We're fine. Mimi been working with the council and I've been training her.How about you and Kaine?" I put the potatoes in the hot water then open the bag of broccoli.
" We're good. He's back at work and I'm helping with training along with helping Luna Crystal." 
" That sounds good," I dump the bag in the other pot. The line goes quite," what's wrong Grace?"
 " Nothing, I'm just a little worried. We haven't heard from Nay yet. I'm getting a feeling that something is not right." I lean against the counter," she's been there for a couple days now. She should have had some type of information by now. If you don't hear from her by tomorrow we can go talk to Brandon."
 " Okay, that will make me feel better to just hear from her, the king or queen."  I nod my head before talking about something else to ease her mind.

Maya

" Got me out here doing this bullshit. Fuck Taylor,  if it wasn't for her I would be the next luna." I walk the trails checking for trash as the sky gets darker. A breeze picks up sweeping down the trail, sending a chill down my spine. Let me hurry up before it gets too dark. I pick my pace up when an unfamiliar scent hits my nose. I stop in my tracks seeing darkness around me. What the fuck is going on? I move back down the trail when a man walks out of the dark cloud. He's tall and thin with short blonde hair and blue eyes. I crouch down and growl getting ready to attack. He puts his hands out in front of him," I'm not here to hurt you Maya."

 " How do you know my name?" My nails lengthen into claws. He takes a few cautious steps towards me. 
" I've been keeping an eye on you for a while now. We have a common enemy. Which we can get rid of. If we work together." 
" I don't know who your talking about but I'm about to have a patrol here in a few seconds." 
" Taylor, Imani Cress' daughter. The new ultimate power. She mated to Kaine, the alphas son of this pack." He knows too much. There must be a traitor in the pack. I stand up retracting my claws. 
" Look I don't know what you may think goes on in this pack but whoever is giving this information dont know what they're talking about." He laughs," baby I don't need an informant when you have powers like mine," he raises his hands to his sides.

He's been on pack territory watching us. Moon goddess only knows what he found out. 
" How do you plan on getting rid of Taylor,"  I straighten my stance, folding  my arms over my chest. 
" Phase one of the plan is in effect right now. My other partner is gaining more strength as we speak. What I need you to do is monitor Taylor and tell me when she leaves the pack. We have to separate her from her mate." Am I going to do this? I'm already in the hot seat with the pack for just fighting her. Mom is disappointed in me but I want Kaine and she's in the way.

" I can see that you're still thinking about this. I'll be at Pete's bar if you want to reconsider." He walks away as the darkness closes in on him. What a strange power. I look around to see the sun has already set, shit I need to hurry up. I run full speed down the trails picking up trash on the ground. I get back to the training ground and put all the equipment up before locking the door. I walk down the hill thinking about what that man said. His partner is getting stronger as we speak. What does he mean by that? Who is this partner and how are they getting stronger?